none
Win7 DVD Maker - Audio out of Sync

Question

• I was trying to make a DVD today with Windows DVD Maker in Win7, and had a problem.   The final DVD has the audio about 2-3 seconds in front of the video - consistently through the whole thing.

The file are all MPEG2 files, nothing special.   If I play all the pieces individually on my computer, there's no sync problem.

I've tried the DVD on the computer it was burnt on, as well as my Playstation 3, a standalone Sony player, and my Xbox 360.  All have the same problem, so it's some fault at the time the disc was made.  But I don't know what - nor how to fix it, since the source video files play fine.

I'm really not interested in messing with other software, I'd rather use this, since I don't make them very often, I'd rather just use what's built into Windows.  

How do I get around this?   Thanks.

Friday, December 24, 2010 8:37 PM

Answers

• OK, found my way around it.  I took the MPEG files, and converted them to DV-AVI files.  Used THOSE as the sources to build the DVD, and it worked.  Everything's synced.   Something with the MPEG files, obviously.  But I'm back in business, and it worked fine with the Win7 DVD Maker.  Wheee!   :)
    • Marked as answer by Joe Siegler Sunday, December 26, 2010 7:14 AM
    Sunday, December 26, 2010 7:14 AM

All replies

• The video is all there - just the audio is a few seconds ahead of what's happening on screen.
    Friday, December 24, 2010 8:39 PM
  • OK, found my way around it.  I took the MPEG files, and converted them to DV-AVI files.  Used THOSE as the sources to build the DVD, and it worked.  Everything's synced.   Something with the MPEG files, obviously.  But I'm back in business, and it worked fine with the Win7 DVD Maker.  Wheee!   :)
    • Marked as answer by Joe Siegler Sunday, December 26, 2010 7:14 AM
    Sunday, December 26, 2010 7:14 AM