none
Windows 7 64bit STOP Error Code 0x000000F4 & F7

All replies

• Hi,
    Thank you for the post.
    Please post a copy of your dumpfile as a shared file to your Sky Drive with a link here.

Regards.

Spencer
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:45 AM
  • Hi Spencer,

Thank you for responding to me.  Is this what you are looking for:

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=dfe0f965205dbd7f&id=DFE0F965205DBD7F%21129&Bsrc=Share&Bpub=SDX.SkyDrive&sc=Documents&authkey=!

Thanks

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 4:03 AM
  • Hi,

According to the link you provided, these files are not the dump file.
    Please locate the dump file in the \Windows\Minidump folder and upload it so that we can analyze it.

Before we could get your Minidump files, you can check following:

1. Update your BIOS, chipset and the drivers

2. Scan the system to check for the virus

3. Test the issue in Clean Boot and Safe Mode

Hope this helps.

Vincent Wang

Thursday, January 31, 2013 8:24 AM
  • Hello,

The Minidump files have been uploaded: https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=dfe0f965205dbd7f&id=DFE0F965205DBD7F%21129&Bsrc=Share&Bpub=SDX.SkyDrive&sc=Documents&authkey=!

I would expect more dump files.  The majority of the time, my computer freezes, and other times I get two different blue screens (0x000000F4 & F7).

Please help

Saturday, February 02, 2013 12:49 AM
  • Hi,

According to the dump file, it showed ntkrnlmp.exe may related. I suggest you use System File Checker tool to scan the system files and run chkdsk C: /r /f to detect and fix NTFS file system issues.

Thanks,

Vincent Wang

Monday, February 04, 2013 2:11 AM
  • Hi Vincent,

I followed your directions and my computer usage has been limited for the past two days.  So, I can't say forsure that the blue screen has disappeared.  But my computer is still freezing up a good amount of time (even though my usage has been limited).  Is there anything I can do to see why the computer freezes so much (when in use and when not in use)?  I am sure the freezing and blue screen may be related.  Thanks

Thursday, February 07, 2013 12:04 AM
  • Just in passing

The time on the computer is off.  That didnt cause the crash but it will lead to all sorts of issues.

If I were you the first thing I would do is to remove and replace Symantec with MSE

Symantec  is a frequent cause of BSOD's.  

MS-MVP 2010, 2011, 2012 Team ZigZag

Thursday, February 07, 2013 2:51 AM
  • Hi Vincent.

I left my computer on and when I came back, I got the blue screen.  Any other files that I can show you?  Suggestions?

Friday, February 08, 2013 3:16 AM
  • I took out Norton, and later in the day I got the blue screen.  Any ideas?
    Friday, February 08, 2013 3:16 AM
  • Please upload the new DMP files

Friday, February 08, 2013 7:25 PM
  • When I got to Windows/Mimidump, they are all the old files.  Where are the new ones?  Can I go to a different location?

Could this be related to hardware at all?  I do feel the left bottom side of my computer heat up.  And before freezing/blue screen, I do hear cracking noises.

Thank you

Friday, February 08, 2013 10:05 PM
  • Right now, I heard cracking noises.  Then my mouse became an Loading/Spiral icon.  Then my computer frooze.  I pushed power off/on, then Normal window to restart my computer.  How can I find out what is causing the continous freezing.  Sometimes, rather than freeze, it turns into the blue screen (same process).

Thanks

Sunday, February 10, 2013 6:12 PM
  • I think I figured out why the dump files are not being saved.

I just got the Blue Screen with a different Stop: 0x0000007A.

Then underneath it, it stated: Physical memory dump failed with a status 0x0000010.

Please help.

Monday, February 11, 2013 5:59 AM
  • Please run memtest from below 

1-Memtest.
    *Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. http://www.memtest.org 
    *Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.
    *Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.
    *Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

Any errors are indicative of a memory problem.
    If a known good stick fails in a motherboard slot it is probably the slot.

Monday, February 11, 2013 1:40 PM
  • Hello,

I MemTtest86 is still running from yesterday without an errors.

It has run for over 13 hours.

Pass: 16

Errors: 0

I will continue running it.  So, does zero error mean that it is not a hardware problem?

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 3:38 PM
  • If you have tested all the ram and all the slots with no errors the chances are it is something else.

F4 is a critical process termination.  We need the DMPS to figure out which process and what is  killing it.

If you cant get the DMPS you can run driver verifier and also upload the event viewer logs These crashes were caused by memory corruption (probably a driver).  Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.  

2-Driver verifier
    Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is.

*But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver.
    *Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.
    *I'd suggest that you first backup your data and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise.
    *Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

*In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:

- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
    - Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
    - Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
    - Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
    - Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
    *Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
    - Select "Finish" on the next page.
    *Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen.
    *Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation.
    *If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
    *If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

*Further Reading
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/244617

Please provide us with your Event Viewer administrative logs by following these steps:

Click Start Menu
    Type eventvwr into Search programs and files (do not hit enter)
    Right click eventvwr.exe and click Run as administrator
    Expand Custom Views
    Click Administrative Events
    Right click Administrative Events
    Save all Events in Custom View As...
    Save them in a folder where you will remember which folder and save as Errors.evtx
    Go to where you saved Errors.evtx
    Right click Errors.evtx -> send to -> compressed (zipped) folder
    Upload the .zip file here (if you can) to skydrive or a file sharing service

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 1:38 AM
  • Hello

The MemTest is still running. 24 hours later, Pass:28 with zero errors. Cached: 3893M; RsvdMem: 640K, MemMap:e820.  How long does it usually run for?

Should I stop it in order to move to your next suggestion?  Or should I wait until it finishes?

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 2:24 AM
  • I would move on.  Your memory appears fine (good news)

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 6:01 PM
  • If it's not a driver, you'll probably have to take the machine in.

Renee

"MODERN PROGRAMMING is deficient in elementary ways BECAUSE of problems INTRODUCED by MODERN PROGRAMMING." Me

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 10:28 PM
  • OK - I m going to move on now.

It is at 45 hours, Pass: 53 with zero errors

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 11:30 PM
  • Thank you so much for your detailed explaination. 

I haven't gotten a blue error message yet.  But I got an iexlorer.exe Application error.  I uploaded the sipped evtx (Feb. 13) into:

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=dfe0f965205dbd7f&id=DFE0F965205DBD7F%21129&Bsrc=Share&Bpub=SDX.SkyDrive&sc=Documents&authkey=!

Thursday, February 14, 2013 2:51 AM
  • There are literally hundreds of errors.  Print service, net framework, iastor.sys,  BIOS, etc

Please run a system file check to verify the OS and hopefully repair it.

To do this type cmd in search, then right click to run as administrator, then
    SFC /SCANNOW

It may need to be run up to three times before successful
    Let us know the results from the report at the end

Read here for more information
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833 

Thursday, February 14, 2013 3:28 AM
  • Hello,

Here is an update.  So, far I have not gotten a blue screen.  But I am still getting freezes (10+/day) that is driving me crazy.  On reset, I do face a blank screen most of the time.  Any suggestions?

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 2:03 AM
  • Any suggestion on the black/blank screens that I have been seeing?
    Wednesday, March 06, 2013 2:56 PM