none
Printer issue..Dell all-in-one model 922 will not print..any fix?

Question

• I am using Windows 7 Beta on it's own partition.  It's going good so far, however, I can not get my printer to print.  It is a Dell AIO 922 printer, and Windows 7 recognized it, and it's correctly listed under the printer area.  I selected it and made it my default printer, but when I click on print from either IE or my MSN browsers, nothing happens.  Any ideas?
    Sunday, January 11, 2009 3:37 PM

Answers

• Iamsmokie said:

I am surprised as the Vista driver should work. Did you actually go to the control panel and delete the printer, unplug it from the computer (USB cable) and reboot before plugging it back in? Just uninstalling from Device Manager isn't the same thing. This has worked on every Dell (Lexmark) printer I've had the problem with.

I would also report it M$ through the Windows 7 reporting system.

yeah, tried all that.  i also reported the issue using the feedback tool.
    Sunday, February 22, 2009 2:12 AM
  • Hello,
    Did you report this at the Forum of Dell?
    Some info seem interesting even if the guidance is for the Dell 962 .
    Look at this address : http://en.community.dell.com/forums/t/19266537.aspx
    Hope this helps.
    Wednesday, April 01, 2009 7:21 AM

All replies

• Can you print to it with using Notepad or Word?  Can it print even a test document?
    ~Alex T.~Windows Desktop Experience MVP~
    Tuesday, January 20, 2009 4:02 AM
  • I had the same problem with my Dell AIO 964... Try downloading the the Patch/Upgrade .Zip file from the Dell website.  When it finishes downloading open it and run the DellCleanUpUtility.exe this will delete the driver that Windows 7 automatically installed.  When the Utility completes it will ask to reboot, allow it do so, then procede to install the windows vista version of your printer driver from the Dell website.
    • Proposed as answer by MitchellVII Tuesday, January 20, 2009 4:53 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by thebigdintx Saturday, February 21, 2009 4:02 PM
    Tuesday, January 20, 2009 4:51 AM
  •  Any guidance on which update/patch .zip at the Dell site?  I can't find anything relevant there.
    Saturday, January 31, 2009 1:09 PM
  • Had the same problem with my Dell 964. Try this, it worked for me. Go to  the control panel/printers and right click on your printer and select delete. Unplug your USB cable to the printer on either end and restart in Windows 7. After windows  is fully up plug your printer back in and windows will reinstall the software and it should be fine. It seems some Dells (Lexmarks) don't load correctly during Windows 7 install, but this has worked on three so far. Good luck

Smokie

Saturday, January 31, 2009 3:36 PM
  • Thanks everyone.  I downloaded current driver from Dell.  Uninstalled/reinstalled driver, a couple times, and all is well. 
    Sunday, February 01, 2009 3:52 PM
  • I am having the same problem with my Dell AIO 968 printer.  I have tried installing from the printer set up disk using both Windows Vista and XP mode as administrator.  I tried letting Windows 7 find the driver on line. I downloaded the newest driver from the Dell website and tried to install that driver using different levels of compatibility all with no success.  I was able to install a HP all in one and an HP D4100 also without problem.  The Dell simply will not print.  I am interest to see if the problem clears up next week.
    Saturday, February 07, 2009 1:37 AM
  • I tried your fix on the Dell AIO 968, but it did not work.  Any other thoughts on how I might be able to get the printer working?
    Sunday, February 08, 2009 1:15 AM
  • Alex T said:

Can you print to it with using Notepad or Word?  Can it print even a test document?

~Alex T.~Windows Desktop Experience MVP~

Nope...I can't print anything.  I even tried deleting it under device manager, and reinstalling the printer under vista compatibility mode, but that didn't work either.  The printer worked fine under XP and under Vista up to and including Vista SP2 beta.
    Saturday, February 21, 2009 4:01 PM
  • I am surprised as the Vista driver should work. Did you actually go to the control panel and delete the printer, unplug it from the computer (USB cable) and reboot before plugging it back in? Just uninstalling from Device Manager isn't the same thing. This has worked on every Dell (Lexmark) printer I've had the problem with.

Saturday, February 21, 2009 10:46 PM
  • Iamsmokie said:

I am surprised as the Vista driver should work. Did you actually go to the control panel and delete the printer, unplug it from the computer (USB cable) and reboot before plugging it back in? Just uninstalling from Device Manager isn't the same thing. This has worked on every Dell (Lexmark) printer I've had the problem with.

yeah, tried all that.  i also reported the issue using the feedback tool.
    Sunday, February 22, 2009 2:12 AM
  • I can't get Dell AIO 966 printer to work either with Windows 7 x64. Funny thing is that it worked right after the first time I installed it, and the scanner portion works (with included Win7 scanner software). Now I can't print and get the error message below. Attempting to install Vista x64 drivers from Dell resulted in the Print Spooler and Dell DLCS services crashing and I had to uninstall it. I checked resources, but PC appeared to be fine.

Anyone have any ideas?

Log Name:      Microsoft-Windows-PrintSpooler/Admin
    Source:        Microsoft-Windows-PrintSpooler
    Date:          3/29/2009 10:50:27 AM
    Event ID:      368
    Task Category: Verifying or regenerating a print driver package
    Level:         Error
    Keywords:      Classic Spooler Event,Print Driver
    User:          SYSTEM
    Computer:      M-PC3700
    Description:
    The print spooler failed to verify printer driver package Dell Photo AIO Printer 966 for environment Windows x64. Win32 system error code 2 (0x2). This can occur after an operating system upgrade or because of data loss on the hard drive. The print spooler will try to regenerate the driver information from the driver store, which is where drivers are saved before they are installed. No user action is required.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
      <System>
        <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-PrintSpooler" Guid="{747EF6FD-E535-4D16-B510-42C90F6873A1}" />
        <EventID>368</EventID>
        <Version>0</Version>
        <Level>2</Level>
        <Task>38</Task>
        <Opcode>12</Opcode>
        <Keywords>0x8000000000000900</Keywords>
        <TimeCreated SystemTime="2009-03-29T14:50:27.718854300Z" />
        <EventRecordID>33</EventRecordID>
        <Correlation />
        <Execution ProcessID="1248" ThreadID="2468" />
        <Channel>Microsoft-Windows-PrintSpooler/Admin</Channel>
        <Computer>Michael-PC3700</Computer>
        <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
      </System>
      <UserData>
        <VerifyPackageInformationForDriverFailed xmlns:auto-ns3="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events" xmlns="http://manifests.microsoft.com/win/2005/08/windows/printing/spooler/core/events">
          <Param1>Dell Photo AIO Printer 966</Param1>
          <Param2>Windows x64</Param2>
          <Param3>2 (0x2)</Param3>
        </VerifyPackageInformationForDriverFailed>
      </UserData>
    </Event>

Sunday, March 29, 2009 8:00 PM
  • Hello,
    Did you report this at the Forum of Dell?
    Some info seem interesting even if the guidance is for the Dell 962 .
    Look at this address : http://en.community.dell.com/forums/t/19266537.aspx
    Hope this helps.
    Wednesday, April 01, 2009 7:21 AM
  • I had the same problem with Windows 7, both 32 bit and 64 bit, and my Dell AIO 922 printer.  After using the Dell "Remove Driver" app, and then reinstalling the AIO 922 driver, I still couldn't print.  What I noticed is that, even with the USB cable unplugged, upon boot Win 7 automatically reinstalled the driver it thought I needed for the printer.  So I used the "Remove Driver" app again, and rebooted, again.  This time, though, I cut my cable modem.  Win 7 tried again to install a driver on its' own, but failed due to no 'Net access.  I then installed the Dell driver.  All Is well now!  It seems that whatever driver Windows 7 uses upon install of the OS, and the driver it tries to reinstall later, is a bad driver.  I hope this helps someone, as I was really close to punting my printer off of my balcony. 

BTW,
    R166239 used to remove AIO 922 driver:   http://support.us.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&releaseid=R166239&formatcnt=2&libid=0&fileid=224497
    R151379 AIO 922 driver for Vista 64:         http://support.us.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&releaseid=R151379&formatcnt=1&libid=0&fileid=201471
    Using Windows 7 64 bit.
    • Proposed as answer by Ragman71 Tuesday, January 12, 2010 8:51 PM
    Saturday, April 18, 2009 2:26 AM
  • i followed your instructions i think exactly but still no luck i have the same printer as you connecting to a hp p6000 windows 7 64 bit any help would be great thanx in advance
    Monday, February 14, 2011 1:26 AM