none
Hp Laserjet 3030 PCL6 Printer does not want to work on windows7 x64, help!!!

Question

• Hi to all , i really need some help with this one , i have a Hp Laserjet 3030 PCL 6 all-in-one printer at work on our network and i'm struggling to get it installed , ive tried looking on the net , ive tried the windows 7 drivers with the update function basically ive tried everything that i can think of and the thing still doesn't want to install , on my x32 bit machine it works perfectly , windows picked it up and installed it automatically and i can carry on , but for some reason the x64 doesn't want to do anything , please anyone ho can help with this issue , it will help allot since i have been struggling for 2 weeks now
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 9:06 AM

All replies

• Have you contacted HP Technical support for assistance with HP's hardware?

Logically HP Technical support should be the first point of contact for problems with HP hardware!

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 3:20 PM
  • Yes I have and they told me to go and try to download the drivers , that's the only advise i got from them, and that didn't work.

So now i'm stuck.

The Printer is connected to another PC wich runs on xp , and then the rest of us have got connection to it over the network, we can see it (the printer) and the x32 pc could print but the x64 didn't want to know anything, and i can't see that the problem might bethat xp pc coz mine works fine it's just all the other pc's that are running on the x64

Thursday, January 20, 2011 7:30 AM
  • Hi Marcel,

I had the same problem - THe Hp Laserjet 3030 PCL 6 all-in-one printer is connected to a Windows XP machine and from my Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit) workstations I could not print.

By some research and trial and error configurations, I am now able to print from my Windows 7 workstations. You can follow these steps and let me know if it works for you :

Step 1 : Make sure that the printer is shared on the Windows XP workstation and you can see the printer share while browsing your network e.g : \\XPWorkStation\Printer Share

Step 2 : Click Start and go to Device and Printers. Click on Add a printer

Step 3 : Choose add a local printer (Not a network, wireless or bluetooth printer)

Step 4 : On the next screen choose create a new printer port and in the port name type in the path to your printer share e.g : \\XPWorkStation\Printer Share

Step 5 : In the driver list, select HP and your model. In some cases, the Hp Laserjet 3030 PCL 6 does not appear in the list. You will have to click on Windows Update and then you will have an updated list of the printers available. Hp Laserjet 3030 PCL 6 is not available in Windows Update list. I selected Hp Laserjet 3030 PCL 5 and the driver worked fine for me.

Regards,

Varun

• Proposed as answer by OldeTimer54 Sunday, September 18, 2011 9:06 PM
    Friday, May 27, 2011 9:37 AM
  • Varun Thank you ... worked for me. Had been searching for a solution for ages & getting nowhere. Your solution is perfect.  All Working with the PCL5 driver on a Windows 7 PC.  The Printer is on an XP PC with PCL6 setup.
    • Edited by OldeTimer54 Sunday, September 18, 2011 9:11 PM
    Sunday, September 18, 2011 9:08 PM
  • Thanks a lot! I waste almost 2 whole days trying to solve the problem, and when I was almost to quit, found your answer and in this late attempt it worked. Well, I also prayed a bit...

Thanks again so much!

Sunday, June 17, 2012 2:12 PM
  • Thank you so much it WORKS finally!!!!
    Tuesday, February 11, 2014 1:18 PM