none
How can I get back my Windows 7 Home Premium. Please Help

Question

• I downloaded the Windows 8.1 Preview to see how I would like it. I'm not so sure that I like it so I want to get my Windows 7 Home Premium back, even if I lose my files (I didn't have anything important anyways.) Please help me so that I can get Windows 7 back without paying (I already paid for it originally) and please help quickly so that I don't have to buy a new computer.

Tuesday, July 02, 2013 4:34 PM

Answers

• That depends on how Windows 8 does it's "upgrade" from Windows 7 to Windows 8, but since this is a Windows 7 forum you would need to post in the Windows 8 Forums for specific information about what Windows 8 does.

I have no idea how Windows 8.1 installs and deals with existing Windows 7 installations.

Read the info on the Microsoft website @ http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/preview-download

Important 

If you decide that you want to install Windows 8.1 Previewusing the ISO, you won't be able to uninstall it. If you decide to go back to your previous operating system, you'll need to reinstall it using the recovery or installation media that came with your PC, which is typically DVD media. If you're running Windows 8and you don't have recovery media, you might be able to create a USB recovery drive. If you're running Windows 7, Windows Vista, or  Windows XPand you don’t have recovery media, you might be able to create it from a recovery partition on your PC using software provided by your PC manufacturer. Check the support section of your PC manufacturer’s website for more information. After you install Windows 8.1 Preview, you won’t be able to use the recovery partition on your PC to go back to your previous version of Windows.

Based on Microsoft's statement you will have to do a clean install of Windows 7!

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Tuesday, July 02, 2013 4:47 PM
  • You will have to get the error before anyone can correlate an error message to a possible cause and a possible solution.

If you get an error message you can search the Microsoft website for possible causes and solutions, you can search the internet for possible causes and solutions, and/or you can start a new thread with the error information.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Tuesday, July 02, 2013 7:41 PM

All replies

• That depends on how Windows 8 does it's "upgrade" from Windows 7 to Windows 8, but since this is a Windows 7 forum you would need to post in the Windows 8 Forums for specific information about what Windows 8 does.

I have no idea how Windows 8.1 installs and deals with existing Windows 7 installations.

Read the info on the Microsoft website @ http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/preview-download

Important 

If you decide that you want to install Windows 8.1 Previewusing the ISO, you won't be able to uninstall it. If you decide to go back to your previous operating system, you'll need to reinstall it using the recovery or installation media that came with your PC, which is typically DVD media. If you're running Windows 8and you don't have recovery media, you might be able to create a USB recovery drive. If you're running Windows 7, Windows Vista, or  Windows XPand you don’t have recovery media, you might be able to create it from a recovery partition on your PC using software provided by your PC manufacturer. Check the support section of your PC manufacturer’s website for more information. After you install Windows 8.1 Preview, you won’t be able to use the recovery partition on your PC to go back to your previous version of Windows.

Based on Microsoft's statement you will have to do a clean install of Windows 7!

Tuesday, July 02, 2013 4:47 PM
  • Would it work if I downloaded a Windows 7 Iso and used the product key from under my laptop?

Tuesday, July 02, 2013 5:20 PM
  • It should work.  Do you have the links to the downloads?

See links @ http://techpp.com/2009/11/11/download-windows-7-iso-official-direct-download-links/

Tuesday, July 02, 2013 6:00 PM
  • What should I do if I get an error?

Tuesday, July 02, 2013 6:39 PM
  • You will have to get the error before anyone can correlate an error message to a possible cause and a possible solution.

If you get an error message you can search the Microsoft website for possible causes and solutions, you can search the internet for possible causes and solutions, and/or you can start a new thread with the error information.

Tuesday, July 02, 2013 7:41 PM
  • You need to uninstall the Windows 8 from your computer completely and reinstall Windows 7 using the disk, if you have the disk which you should if you paid for it.

Tuesday, July 02, 2013 8:10 PM