none
RADAR_PRE_LEAK_WOW64

Question

• I recently got a brand new Computer, I am Running Windows 7, with 8 Gigs of Ram, and an ATI 5850 3D card. Everything runs fine and works great, But I do check on event viewer a bit more than most people probably do, and I have noticed one message. Now granted it isn't classified as a warning but I wanted to know if it something that I should be concerned about. Or if it is possibly just a quirk of Windows. The message is as follows:

Fault bucket , type 0
    Event Name: RADAR_PRE_LEAK_WOW64
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
    P1: Sins of a Solar Empire.exe
    P2: 1.0.0.1
    P3: 6.1.7600.2.0.0
    P4:
    P5:
    P6:
    P7:
    P8:
    P9:
    P10:

Note: I also sometimes have Explorer crash when I go into Control Panel>System and Security>Event Viewer a bit fast since I know where everything is. Here is that message:
    Fault bucket , type 0
    Event Name: APPCRASH
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
    P1: Explorer.EXE
    P2: 6.1.7600.16404
    P3: 4a765771
    P4: DUI70.dll
    P5: 6.1.7600.16385
    P6: 4a5bdf25
    P7: c0000005
    P8: 000000000000317b
    P9:
    P10:

It seems to come with two events, second is listed below:

Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 6.1.7600.16404, time stamp: 0x4a765771
    Faulting module name: DUI70.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bdf25
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x000000000000317b
    Faulting process id: 0x980
    Faulting application start time: 0x01ca93aae99a21c2
    Faulting application path: C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\DUI70.dll
    Report Id: 81b72a6f-ffa3-11de-b9b3-002421e3e791
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 5:57 PM

Answers

• I am gald to hear there is not corrupted system file. In the future, please don't open windows explorer too fast. In addition, I recommend you running  the ShellExView to disable third party extension of Windows Explorer in order to avoid this issue again.

As your first concern, I don's think it's a trouble if it just appeared in the Event log. If you doubt it is caused by the memory, you can refer to the following link to check the memory.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Diagnosing-memory-problems-on-your-computer 

In addition, you can test your pc in the Clean boot mode, this method will help us determine if this issue is caused by a loading program or service. Please perform the following steps:

1. Click the "Start" Button, type "msconfig" in the search bar and press Enter.
    2. Click the "Services" tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click "Disable All" (if it is not gray).
    3. Click the "Startup" tab, click "Disable All" and click "OK".

Then, restart the computer. When the "System Configuration Utility" window appears, please check the "Don't show this message or launch the System".

4. Test your game again.

If you get the error again, please

John
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Tuesday, January 19, 2010 8:15 AM
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 2:15 AM

All replies

• First, please let me know if the Windows explorer would crush when you open other item in Control Pannel in normal tempo.

As the first event, you can safely ignore it since you don't have any issue relate to the Solar Empire game. It's better to focus on the Windows Explorer crush issue.

Since this issue may be caused by the corrupted DUI70.dll file. I suggest trying the system file checker to replace this file if it is corrupted.

1. Click "Start", type "CMD" (without quotation marks) in the "Start Search" box. Right click on the "CMD.exe" file, choose "Run as Administrator"
    2. Copy and paste "SFC /Scannow" (without quotation marks) in the "Open" box, and click "OK".

In addition, the DUI70.dll is the Windows Direct UI Engine , I suggest you to update your graphic card driver.

If the issue persists, run ShellExView to disable third party extension of Windows Explorer:

1. Download ShellExView v1.41 from the following link http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.zip

2. Right-click the "shexview.zip" file, select "Extract All", the Extraction Wizard will prompt.

3. Click Next, input "C:\ShellExView" (without the quotation marks) in the "Files will be extracted to this directory" textbox.

4. Click Next and click Finnish.

5. Open the "C:\ShellExView" folder and double-click the "shexview.exe" file. It will scan the registry for all the shell extensions.

6. Select all the non-Microsoft extensions in pink by press "Ctrl" in the keyboard.

7. Click the "Disable Selected Items" on the toolbar and click Yes.

8. Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

hope it helps

John
    Wednesday, January 13, 2010 9:15 AM
  • Well I ran the system file checker and it didn't find anything, I think it may be because I click too fast. It usually crashes when I click on event viewer before all the icons have loaded. My only other concern is the first issue I posted. Someone told me it may be a memory leak, is that true? It isn't only in the Solar Empire game that the message will occur, it will happen in others as well but it doesn't cause any problems in any of the games it reports. The thing is, is that if the message is posted, and I leave my pc on and keep playing games, i won't get anymore messages. Thanks very much for the detailed response.
    Wednesday, January 13, 2010 5:25 PM
  • I am gald to hear there is not corrupted system file. In the future, please don't open windows explorer too fast. In addition, I recommend you running  the ShellExView to disable third party extension of Windows Explorer in order to avoid this issue again.

As your first concern, I don's think it's a trouble if it just appeared in the Event log. If you doubt it is caused by the memory, you can refer to the following link to check the memory.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Diagnosing-memory-problems-on-your-computer 

In addition, you can test your pc in the Clean boot mode, this method will help us determine if this issue is caused by a loading program or service. Please perform the following steps:

1. Click the "Start" Button, type "msconfig" in the search bar and press Enter.
    2. Click the "Services" tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click "Disable All" (if it is not gray).
    3. Click the "Startup" tab, click "Disable All" and click "OK".

Then, restart the computer. When the "System Configuration Utility" window appears, please check the "Don't show this message or launch the System".

4. Test your game again.

If you get the error again, please

John
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Tuesday, January 19, 2010 8:15 AM
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 2:15 AM
  • I ran memtest and it didn't detect any problems also reseated my memory and I didn't get the message for a few days, got it again though today. but since there doesn't seem to be any problem that I can find I guess everything is ok. I just wish I knew what the message meant haha.
    Saturday, January 16, 2010 11:07 PM
  • The warning message in Event log is an event that isn't necessarily significant, besides you don't have any crush or freeze issue while running your machine. So, you can safely ignore the message. If you get any error while open Windows Explorer, you can try my first suggestion to fix it. 

Hope this helps. 

John
    Monday, January 18, 2010 2:32 AM