none
Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Works but inconvenient

General discussion

• I am using a Jabra BT620s bluetooth stereo headset. In the previous Windows 7 Beta I paired it with my PC without any hassles. Whenever I turned on the headset Windows 7 would automatically switch over to using the headset for audio output, and when I turned off the headset, Windows would automatically switch back to my sound card.

This, however, does not work with Release candidate 7100. The pairing worked OK after telling Windows to search online for updated drivers. The problem is whenever I want to use the headset I have to go to Control Panel -> Sound -> Playback and set the "Bluetooth Audio Renderer" as the default. Then I have to do likewise with the sound card when I am done using the headset.

I read that some bluetooth audio drivers were removed in the Release Candidate, but is this a driver issue? It was really convenient being able to just turn on my headset and use it without having to reconfigure Windows every time. Any suggestions on how to get it working like the with the RC?

thanks,
    Mike
    Friday, July 03, 2009 12:04 AM

All replies

• It's just a minor bug in W7. Wait for a patch to be released on Windows Update
    ŢĤŸ ŤĀĽĶ ŴĂŠ PŐŎŖ, ŢĦƔ ŜĶĺŁĿŞ ƊƚƉ ĿĄĆĶ. ŠĖĔ ƔƍŪ ĄŦ ŁŪMßŘĨĐĜĚ, ŴĤĒŃ ƔƍŬ ĢĔŤ ߥĆĶ
    Wednesday, July 08, 2009 11:17 AM
  • I have the same problem with Jabra Halo (BT650s). I must remove and pair the headphones with windows 7 RC everytime after I turn on the headphones. Seems like windows 7 don't discover the headphones automatically (like my Sony Ericsson C902) and I don't know how to connect manually (without re-pairing) - in Control-Panel-Sound the option "Connect" is unavailable.
    Sunday, July 19, 2009 10:15 PM
  • Have you tried installing the updated Bluetooth stack?

I know there's more than one available as I've seen in other discussions, but this one worked for me: http://www.broadcom.com/support/bluetooth/update.php
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 12:16 AM
  • Ever since Vista sp2 or some update thereafter I could not pair the Jabra 620s Stereo Audio anymore.

Stereo Audio is not working with Windows 7 either! So the minor problem might be too minor to be solved?!

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 6:02 PM