none
error 0x000003eb

Question

• We have two computers in our home, both running Windows Vista home.  One is attached to a HP Color Deskjet 6122, the second is attached to an HP Laserjet 3050 Series PCL 6.  The computers are networked together, and until two weeks ago both computers were able to print to either printer.  Both have BitDefender installed and are regularly scanned.
    Now, both are able to access the HP6122 and print fine.  However, only the computer directly connected to the 3050 can print to it.  I can see it from the networked computer, but when I attempt to connect I get an error message: "Windows cannot connect to the printer.  Operation could not be completed (error 0x000003eb).  I have searched and tried most of the possible fixes to no avail.  Any ideas?

Tuesday, January 06, 2009 8:22 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This issue occurs if the printer driver on the computer that is not connected with the printer is corrupt. I suggest that you remove the printer on this computer and reinstall the driver.

Remove printer

1. Click the "Start" button, type PRINTER in the search box and press Enter.

2. Find the icons which are related to HP Laserjet 3050 Series PCL 6, and delete them.

3. Right-click on the blank part of the window, and choose "Run as administrator"->"Server Properties".

4. On the Drivers tab, select the listed printer and click the Remove button. Please then select Remove driver and driver package.

5. Open Start menu, input APPWIZ.CPL in the Search box and press ENTER to launch "Programs and Features".

6. Try to remove all related printer software.

Then, download the latest driver from the following website.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=1140778&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=1140783&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=2093

Important Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

When installing the printer driver, please select to install it as a shared printer.

If the issue persists, I suggest that you check the printer sharing on the printer host computer. If the sharing settings are correct, I suggest that you temporary disable the firewall and anti-virus.

Arthur Xie - MSFT
    Thursday, January 08, 2009 6:31 AM