none
KB2267602 (Definition 159.89.0, 159.153.0, 159.327.0)

Question

• These three Windows Defender updates all automatically installed to my Windows 8 platform on 9/18 and 9/19.  Subsequent to their successful installation, Windows has stopped communicating to my direct attached printer.  I've removed and re-installed the printer numerous times; it recognizes the printer's existence, loads the appropriate drivers, but the refuses to print - from anywhere, all apps, including direct screen print.

I've tried finding this update to uninstall, but it doesn't show up in any search of my update databases.

All suggestions for a removal, fix, work-around would be gratefully accepted.

Thank you.

Friday, September 20, 2013 1:19 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Did you receive any error when trying to print? What's the printer status in Device and Pinters?

I suggest you clean the print queue for a test.
    1. Stop the Spooler service first
    2. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe, Right click -> select Properties -> Click on Security Tab -> Advanced -> Owner. Take ownership of the file and give full permission to the file.
    3. Once done, close everything and try to start the service again.
    4. Open command prompt with Admin. Type the following command

del /Q C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\PRINTERS\*.*

5. Once done, try to start the spooler in Services

If the issue persists, try to perform system restore.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc

Niki Han
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, September 23, 2013 10:05 AM
  • Hi,

If you couldn’t find this update in installed updates, may be you can try to use command below to uninstall this update for test.

wusa.exe /kb: 2267602 /uninstall

According to your description, your printer probably prevent by Windows Defender, Please try to set an exception for your printer for test.

In addition, could the printer  print the test page?  you can try to reload the printer driver for test.

If you need further assistance on this particular issue or any other Windows related issue, let us know and we will be glad to assist you.

Roger Lu

Monday, September 23, 2013 3:43 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you receive any error when trying to print? What's the printer status in Device and Pinters?

I suggest you clean the print queue for a test.
    1. Stop the Spooler service first
    2. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe, Right click -> select Properties -> Click on Security Tab -> Advanced -> Owner. Take ownership of the file and give full permission to the file.
    3. Once done, close everything and try to start the service again.
    4. Open command prompt with Admin. Type the following command

del /Q C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\PRINTERS\*.*

5. Once done, try to start the spooler in Services

If the issue persists, try to perform system restore.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc

Niki Han

Monday, September 23, 2013 10:05 AM
  • Hi,

If you couldn’t find this update in installed updates, may be you can try to use command below to uninstall this update for test.

wusa.exe /kb: 2267602 /uninstall

According to your description, your printer probably prevent by Windows Defender, Please try to set an exception for your printer for test.

In addition, could the printer  print the test page?  you can try to reload the printer driver for test.

If you need further assistance on this particular issue or any other Windows related issue, let us know and we will be glad to assist you.

Roger Lu

Monday, September 23, 2013 3:43 PM