none
Epson SX200

Question

• Hi,
    This is my first message on this forum and I would like to start by saying that I love W7. This by far has been the best OS I have used. Except for this one issue which I will discuss shortly I have had no problem what so ever. The system is quick, reliable and it looks good.
    Anyway back to the problem. I have an Epson SX200 printer scanner device. In W7 the device shows up as Epson ESC/P-R. It prints fine however I dont have access to printer specific functions like ink levels or printing with black ink only.
    Any idea how that can be fixed.
    Saturday, May 16, 2009 6:42 PM

Answers

• You may need to install the software for the printer. The latest version is for Windows Vista. Please download from the following website.

Drivers for the Epson Epson Stylus SX200 Printers and All-in-Ones

Important Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

When installing, please right-click on the installation file, choose Properties. Then click the Compatibility tab. Check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for", and select "Windows Vista" in the drop down menu.

Arthur Xie - MSFT
    Tuesday, June 02, 2009 7:11 AM

All replies

• Did you allow Windows to install drivers for you or did you do it yourself? If Windows did it for you, it won't have full functionality. You would need to install the drivers from the website. If all they have is Vista drivers, you can run it in compatibility mode by right clicking the exe, choosing properties, then clicking the compatibility tab, then choosing Windows Vista from the drop down. If all they have is Windows XP drivers, you can use this method.
    Monday, June 01, 2009 8:38 PM
  • You may need to install the software for the printer. The latest version is for Windows Vista. Please download from the following website.

Drivers for the Epson Epson Stylus SX200 Printers and All-in-Ones

Important Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

When installing, please right-click on the installation file, choose Properties. Then click the Compatibility tab. Check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for", and select "Windows Vista" in the drop down menu.

Arthur Xie - MSFT
    Tuesday, June 02, 2009 7:11 AM
  • Stinkyink now offer ink cartridges for the [url=http://www.stinkyinkshop.co.uk/acatalog/Epson-Stylus-SX200-ink.html?utm_source=forums&utm_medium=forums&utm_campaign=forums]Epson Stylus SX200 ink[/url]. Oh and it's free delivery!
    Friday, July 30, 2010 7:59 AM