none
VLC in Fullscreen

Question

• VLC has an issue when I go to fullscreen being choppy. I have an Intel 945 in my Satellite M115, and XP never had an issue with it. Media Player Classic has no issue with it either.
    Sunday, May 17, 2009 11:46 AM

Answers

• There is a bug in vlc that makes video seem pixelated in windows 7. Try setting your video output to
    "directx video output" to workaround this issue.

Windows will inform you that "the color scheme has been set to windows 7 basic" but just ignore that for now.

• Marked as answer by Nick FV Tuesday, June 30, 2009 6:33 PM
    Sunday, May 17, 2009 9:31 PM

All replies

• There is a bug in vlc that makes video seem pixelated in windows 7. Try setting your video output to
    "directx video output" to workaround this issue.

Windows will inform you that "the color scheme has been set to windows 7 basic" but just ignore that for now.

• Marked as answer by Nick FV Tuesday, June 30, 2009 6:33 PM
    Sunday, May 17, 2009 9:31 PM
  • I have used VLC both with 7 beta and RC1 and the video is not more choppy in window mode than in full screen mode or vice versa.
    I just now see the first anwser, sorry. I repeat that I don't do anything particular to avoid choppy or pixelated videos - videos are fine.
    Sunday, May 17, 2009 10:12 PM
  • I have used VLC both with 7 beta and RC1 and the video is not more choppy in window mode than in full screen mode or vice versa.
    I just now see the first anwser, sorry. I repeat that I don't do anything particular to avoid choppy or pixelated videos - videos are fine.

its depends what version of vlc you use. i think a version 8 doesnt have these issues.
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 2:34 AM