none
Windows Media Encoder 9 Sound Problem

Question

• ive looked everywhere for WME 9 forum cant find it.

maybe somebody here can help me out.

i start encoding screen capture to file archive and when i play it the sound is really really low... can hardly hear anything... why is it recording on such a low sound.

ive tried messing around with the compression modes... no luck.

and for some reason in the sources tab it doesnt recognize my sound card so i choose default audio device.. and thats my sound card... it does recored the sound but very very low.

any way to solve this.

Thanks in advance.

Amir.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 11:22 PM

All replies

• Push
    Sunday, March 20, 2011 2:39 PM
  • Hi,

How about other sound device such as headphones? Please understand Windows Media Encoder 9 only can run properly in Windows 7 32-bit version. If you are running 64-bit system, it is not capable of accessing the Sound card or the windows sound options. However, you could use Expression Encoder v3 instead of Windows Media Encoder 9.

If you are running 32-bit system, I suggest loading the latest sound card driver from the manufacture's site and install it manually. Also try to install the Windows Media Encoder 9 in compatibility mode.

Right click the install file -> properties -> compatibility tab -> Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows Vista (SP2), check the Privilege Level as well.

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Wednesday, March 23, 2011 9:33 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by amirshaneh Wednesday, March 23, 2011 11:54 AM
    Monday, March 21, 2011 1:35 AM
  • Hey Niki Han.

im glad somebody finally addressed to me

i have winodws 7 64 bit.

ive just installed my new sound card still doesnt recognize it but now the sound is ABIT higher.

still need fixing this xD.

im not gona use Expression Encoder V3 because it can only encode 10 minutes if i didnt buy it.

are you sure there is no sulotion for this?

Thanks in Advance.

Amir.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 11:52 AM
  • Push
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 4:04 PM