none
DNS server not responding & connection failed with error 651?

Question

• My internet was working perfectly fine till about 3 days ago, I shut down the computer to go to sleep then the next day when I tried to go the internet it wouldn't work. It said that I had internet access, so I tried to diagnose it and it said the DNS server isn't responding. I've already tried IPconfig in the cmd prompt and dnsflush. Any Idea how to fix it?
    Friday, February 26, 2010 2:20 AM

Answers

• Shut down the computer. Disconnect power source for modem and router (if you are using one). After a couple of minutes power up the modem and let it reboot. Then power up the router and let it reboot. Then boot up the computer.

Sunday, February 28, 2010 12:48 AM

All replies

• Shut down the computer. Disconnect power source for modem and router (if you are using one). After a couple of minutes power up the modem and let it reboot. Then power up the router and let it reboot. Then boot up the computer.

Sunday, February 28, 2010 12:48 AM
  • Hello,

In addition to OldHobo's comments, you can set a static ip address for the lan adapter inside Windows 7. Use 208.67.222.222 for dns server while doing so.

If that doesn't help, booting the computer to clean boot mode and see if the issue persists.

Thomas77
    Friday, March 05, 2010 2:19 AM

• If the Power Drain on both Modem & the Computer did not Work try "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt". This will reinstall the tcp/ip on the Computer. 
    Restart the computer & it should work  

Rishi Haware
    Rishi Haware
    Saturday, March 06, 2010 5:17 PM