none
Resetting the play count in Windows Media Player 11

Question

• Does anyone know how to reset the play count in Windows Media Player 11?  With the All Music Playlist selected, I right click on the song or video in the Play Count Column to bring up the context menu in order to select Edit which I do and nothing happens.  The text for Edit is opaque which tells me that this feature is disabled.   I'm running it on XP2 Home but I've had the same problem in WMP 10 as well.  There are on rare occasions in WMP 10 that I'm able to reset the play count but only after I cleard out the player's cache and uncheck the box for "Save file and URL history in the Player". Sometimes I have to restart the computer even after that to see those results. Unfortuantley these methods have not been successful in WMP 11 at all.

I have spent hours searching for an answer or someone with a similar problem and so far I have found only one other person with the same dilema.   http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=224855

Is there a solution or a future update in the works that will correct this problem?
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Wednesday, May 11, 2011 11:31 PM Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Windows Vista Announcements)
    Sunday, October 07, 2007 2:36 AM

Answers

• If you go to %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Media Player

then delete CurrentDatabase_360.wmdb (copy it and paste it else where just in case) it will reset your library, the play count and your rating included.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 4:22 PM