none
How to change backup location on windows 7 to a flash drive

Question

• I have looked through all the options and can not see an answer.  I want to do a back up to a flash drive on desktop with windows 7.  I install the flash drive and open backup through the control panel .  The only option for the destination is CD, even though I have the flash drive inserted.  I can't get it to show the drive where the flash drive is inserted.  I have too much info to back it up on to a cd so, please tell me how change the location for back up so I can use my flash drive.

Thanks!

Monday, August 15, 2011 6:20 PM

Answers

• Hi ileneriffle,

You can not backup a system image on a flash drive. Refer to: Where should I save my backup.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, August 18, 2011 5:56 AM

All replies

• Backup and Restore does not support Flash drives.

J W Stuart: http://www.pagestart.com

Never be afraid to ask. This forum has some of the best people in the world available to help.
    Monday, August 15, 2011 6:23 PM
  • Hi ileneriffle,

You can not backup a system image on a flash drive. Refer to: Where should I save my backup.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, August 18, 2011 5:56 AM