none
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Class\????????"??\Properties

Question

• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Class\???????????\Properties 

when I just bought my notebook pc home last year, I can read all information in above item Properties , but now I can't open this item , what's wrong with it? can someone direct?

• Edited by mbl1212 Sunday, April 15, 2012 10:38 PM
    Saturday, April 14, 2012 4:54 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Could you please share us the error message when you tried to open the registry item you want?

Also I think we can try to collect a process monitor to track the whole process when you performed the actions.
    The following is the steps for your reference:
    1) Download Process Monitor:
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/ProcessesAndThreads/processmonitor.mspx
    2) Extract it, double-click the Procmon.exe file to start Process Monitor.
    3) While Process Monitor is running, try to perform the whole steps again.
    4) When the issue has been reproduced, please switch to the Process Monitor window, and then click the microscope icon in the toolbar to stop the capture (CTRL+E).
    8) On the File menu, click Save. Save the Process Monitor log to any folder that you want.

For this kind of issue, we can filter the path to the path you are trying to access and check if you can find any clues.

Also if you want us to check it for you, please upload the log to your skydrive and share the link, I will try to check it. At the same time, provide the path you are trying to access.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Zero

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, April 20, 2012 1:37 PM

All replies

• Hi,

First be sure you run RegEdit as Administrator

Right click the key in the left hand pane ... select permissions from the context menu

In the permissions dialog, click the advanced button.

In the advanced security settings dialog switch to the Owner tab

I assume your usercode is a member of the local Administrators group

Click the Replace owner on subcontainers and objects box.

If Administrators is NOT the owner, select it in the change owner to box...press Apply...OK.

You are now back at the Permissions dialog box.

Select Administrators and give them Full control by selecting the Full Control checkbox in the Allow column...press Apply ... Ok

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Leo Huang

TechNet Community Support

Monday, April 16, 2012 5:54 AM
  • so glad to your answer,my system is zh-tw win7homepre,and my English degree is not very good,could you please give me an easier and step-by-step answer,for example,permissions dialog--where is this regkey?under local machine or current user? Thanks a lot!
    Monday, April 16, 2012 10:23 PM
  • OK.

Detail steps:

1 Run Regedit with administrator

1. Click Start and input “Regedit” in Search Box
    2. Right Click “Regedit” and select “Run as administartor”

2 Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Class\??????????\Properties, you will see the error message that access denied to open that key

3 Right-click the key, click Permissions, click advanced, click owner, click other users or groups, click advanced, click find now, select your account, click ok, click ok, select your account, click ok

4 Now you can set permissions as you wish. do this for every key you want.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Leo Huang

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 3:52 AM
  • Mis. or Mr. Leo Huang:

I try the method you teach me to chanch setting , but it does not function , is there any else method ? Thank You!

• Edited by mbl1212 Tuesday, April 17, 2012 10:17 PM
    Tuesday, April 17, 2012 10:15 PM
  • Hi,

Did you success changing the ownership for the registry? Or you meet any trouble when you change the ownership?

I test on my machine and it should works.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Leo Huang

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 2:47 AM
  • Good day:

I try this method again this morning , it does not succeed , I can not open properties on my nootbook pc. confused user !

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 10:34 PM
  • Hi,

Could you please share us the error message when you tried to open the registry item you want?

Also I think we can try to collect a process monitor to track the whole process when you performed the actions.
    The following is the steps for your reference:
    1) Download Process Monitor:
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/ProcessesAndThreads/processmonitor.mspx
    2) Extract it, double-click the Procmon.exe file to start Process Monitor.
    3) While Process Monitor is running, try to perform the whole steps again.
    4) When the issue has been reproduced, please switch to the Process Monitor window, and then click the microscope icon in the toolbar to stop the capture (CTRL+E).
    8) On the File menu, click Save. Save the Process Monitor log to any folder that you want.

For this kind of issue, we can filter the path to the path you are trying to access and check if you can find any clues.

Also if you want us to check it for you, please upload the log to your skydrive and share the link, I will try to check it. At the same time, provide the path you are trying to access.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Zero

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, April 20, 2012 1:37 PM
  • Just checking if any update.

Thanks
    Zero

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 1:03 PM