none
install the Ethernet Controller driver first before any other drivers

Question

• For Windows 7, is there a way to tell Windows upon first boot to load/install the Ethernet Controller driver first before any other drivers? For our image, we have Windows automatically search and install drivers if for ex the hard drive has been placed in different hardware. There's seems to be a certain order that drivers are searched for and installed (alphabetically i think). 

I've tried using the DevicePath method (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc731664(WS.10).aspx) and this does not affect which driver installs first, etc.

Friday, March 23, 2012 6:32 PM

Answers

•  

Hi,

You can contact Script Forum to check if any script can achieve this:

The Official Scripting Guys Forum! Forum

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Leo Huang

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 3:10 AM

All replies

• This seems to be not good idea. First driver should be chipset, unless it is in the installation package.

Regards

Milos

Sunday, March 25, 2012 6:01 PM
  • Ok. I suppose it doesnt have to be the absolute first driver loaded on boot, but do you know of any vbs scripting or batch scripting that could be done?
    Monday, March 26, 2012 5:39 PM
  •  

Hi,

You can contact Script Forum to check if any script can achieve this:

The Official Scripting Guys Forum! Forum

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Leo Huang

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 3:10 AM