none
Windows 7 Nvidia SLI

Question

• I have no problem getting Win 7 to see both of my 8800GTX cards and I can get all 3 screens working in Windows, My issue is switching to SLI mode and back to my Triple sceens..

I loaded lastest nvidia drivers, iRacing with triples screens works fine...great game..

I can switch to SLI mode and run Battlefield, COD5 and OPFP with a single screen....

BUT when I go to switch back out of SLI mode the nvidia drivers takes over and only gives me 2 screens back. when prior to switching to SLI the nvidia control panel show me all 3 screens

only way I found to fix it to get back my screen is to uninstall the nvidia drivers, reconfigure my screens in windows and then reinstall nvidia drivers...
    its drivin me nutz..

here's the only nvidia error I found:

Log Name: System
    Source: Service Control Manager
    Date: 10/28/2009 10:11:52 PM
    Event ID: 7016
    Task Category: None
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: Stalker
    Description:
    The NVIDIA Display Driver Service service has reported an invalid current state 32.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Service Control Manager" Guid="{555908d1-a6d7-4695-8e1e-26931d2012f4}" EventSourceName="Service Control Manager" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="49152">7016</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2009-10-29T02:11:52.338867100Z" />
    <EventRecordID>1374</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="856" ThreadID="3768" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>Beast</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data Name="param1">NVIDIA Display Driver Service</Data>
    <Data Name="param2">32</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

This all worked fine with XP 64...not Win 7 64.....
    Rig:
    MB: EVGA x58 3xSLI
    cpu: intel i7 920
    ram: 6 gb corsair XMS
    hd: WD 1TB
    gpu: 2 8800GTX (I know there old but they still work great)
    psu: PC Power & Cooling 750W
    and 2 DVD burners.

any ideas?
    Friday, October 30, 2009 8:16 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Firstly, please check if there is an option in the NVIDIA software to enable the third monitor. You can also check if you can enable it in “Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display\Screen Resolution.”

Considering this issue is related to the specific device and the error of NVIDIA driver appeared, it is recommended that you contact NVIDIA for further investigation since they are familiar with their products.

Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Thanks.
    Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Saturday, October 31, 2009 8:02 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Firstly, please check if there is an option in the NVIDIA software to enable the third monitor. You can also check if you can enable it in “Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display\Screen Resolution.”

Considering this issue is related to the specific device and the error of NVIDIA driver appeared, it is recommended that you contact NVIDIA for further investigation since they are familiar with their products.

Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Thanks.
    Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Saturday, October 31, 2009 8:02 AM
  • You can't run 3 monitors in SLI mode. What's probably happening is when you switch back single SLI monitor config it is remaining in SLI mode.
    Wednesday, July 07, 2010 8:37 PM