none
Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Problem

Question

• Hi,
    I was a problem having an issue with missing drivers for Teredo Tunnelling Pseudo-Interface, from another forum i followed this istruction to solve the problem:

Solution:
    1. Open command prompt with administrator credentials (Find CMD and right-click - Run as Administrator).
    2. Enter netsh environment. Type "netsh" and ENTER.
    3. "int teredo" and ENTER
    4. "set state disabled" and ENTER.
    5. Open Device Manager and uninstall "Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface".
    6. Open command prompt with administrator credentials once again.
    7. netsh + ENTER.
    8. "int ipv6" + ENTER
    9. "set teredo client" + ENTER
    10. Open Device Manager and Scan for new hardware.
    11. Select "Show hidden devices" from the View menu. You will now see that it is present without errors with any luck.

Now the Teredo Tunneling is missing, because is disabled!
    My question is haw i can reset my situation to start? How i can enable again the Teredo Tunneling?

Thanks for help and sorry for my bad english

Frank

I forgot my config..
    W7 Home premium 64bit
    MB Asus A8N-SLI delux
    Dual Core AMD Opteron 175
    Ram 4 Gb
    Tuesday, March 02, 2010 8:57 PM

Answers

• As your Win XP machine works fine, can you let us know if you installed the Advanced Networking Pack for your XP machine?
    Do you share your internet connecting via the XP machine?

If you don't connect to the network with IPV6 protocol, you have no need to worry about the Teredo Tunneling Pseudo adapter. You can try the following steps to determine your network properties.

1. Click "Start", input "NCPA.CPL" (without quotation marks) in run and press Enter.
    2. Right click on the connection that you use for the local connection, and then click "Properties".
    3. Click to select "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)", and then click "Properties". Check if "Obtain an IP address automatically" and "Obtain DNS server address automatically" are checked.

Please also check the “Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)” properties too.

If you have any trouble, you can try the following steps to let us know your XP network configuration. Then we can help you determine the protocol.
    1. Click "Start", click "Run", type "cmd" (without quotation marks), and press Enter.
    2. Type the follow commands and press enter after each line: (In this way, it will create a new text file called "ipinfo.txt" in the root directory of the C drive. )

ipconfig /all >> C:\ipinfo.txt

3. Click "Start", click "My computer", open the C: drive and upload the file "ipinfo.txt" to the SkyDrive for analyzing.

Good luck! 

John

Friday, March 05, 2010 7:32 AM

All replies

• Please let us know how you connect your Internet first.
    Do you use IPV6 connect your network?

To enable the Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface adapter, you should run the following command: 

netsh interface ipv6 set teredo client 

If it runs successfully, it will return OK. After that, you can open Device Manager to check if it is in the list. Once it is in the list, you can try the following steps to update it:

•Right click the Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
    •Update Driver Software...
    •Browse my computer for driver software
    •Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
    •Select from the list and update the driver.

Good luck!
    John
    Wednesday, March 03, 2010 6:32 AM
  • Hi John,
    i have performed your istruction to enable Teredo, in dos the answere was OK but in the list of devices there isen't the Teredo, also with show idden devices.

I use a 10Mbit optical fiber internet connection via home hag, my problem is interface another PC in network. I don't know if my internet connection use Ipv6, sorry i'm not expert.
    In my alternative boot System Win XP SP2 the network work fine.

Thanks a lot

Frank
    Thursday, March 04, 2010 1:04 PM
  • No, i'm not using uTorrent or otherP2P sofware, i'd like only build a network from my W7 Home preium and an W XP SP3. Is possible?
    Thursday, March 04, 2010 5:15 PM
  • As your Win XP machine works fine, can you let us know if you installed the Advanced Networking Pack for your XP machine?
    Do you share your internet connecting via the XP machine?

If you don't connect to the network with IPV6 protocol, you have no need to worry about the Teredo Tunneling Pseudo adapter. You can try the following steps to determine your network properties.

1. Click "Start", input "NCPA.CPL" (without quotation marks) in run and press Enter.
    2. Right click on the connection that you use for the local connection, and then click "Properties".
    3. Click to select "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)", and then click "Properties". Check if "Obtain an IP address automatically" and "Obtain DNS server address automatically" are checked.

Please also check the “Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)” properties too.

If you have any trouble, you can try the following steps to let us know your XP network configuration. Then we can help you determine the protocol.
    1. Click "Start", click "Run", type "cmd" (without quotation marks), and press Enter.
    2. Type the follow commands and press enter after each line: (In this way, it will create a new text file called "ipinfo.txt" in the root directory of the C drive. )

ipconfig /all >> C:\ipinfo.txt

3. Click "Start", click "My computer", open the C: drive and upload the file "ipinfo.txt" to the SkyDrive for analyzing.

Good luck! 

John

Friday, March 05, 2010 7:32 AM
  • Thanks Skyline701!
    Saturday, March 06, 2010 10:10 AM