none
Can not uninstall ATI catalyst control centre

Question

• Hi, im trying to upgrade from vista to windows 7 and i need to uninstall ATI catalyst control centre, however when i click unistall/change from within the uninstall programs list is says Setup.exe has stopped working, closes the program and does not uninstall ATI catalyst control centre,

any ideas on what to do?

many thanks
    Friday, November 20, 2009 11:15 PM

Answers

• Did you try uninstalling under ctrl panel>program>programs & feature? Alternatively reinstall the above and try uninstalling it again
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Friday, November 27, 2009 1:49 AM
    Saturday, November 21, 2009 7:39 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Sam,

You can try install the ATI catalyst control centre again and then you may remove it properly.

Also, I found this thread in AMD forum about how to uninstall the software manually.

Note: Please first back up the registry key before editing. You can simply restore the registry by double-clicking the backed up .reg file.

To back up the registry key, please right click on the key on the left pane in Registry Editor -> Export -> Save the file as *.reg file.

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.
    Regards,

If the issue still exists, please contact AMD directly since they should have more resource in troubleshooting their product issues. ;-)

Regards,
    Linda

Monday, November 23, 2009 6:05 AM

All replies

• Got the same problem, bloody annoying.  Hope someone can help.
    Friday, November 20, 2009 11:53 PM
  • I believe it's still available from AMD/ATI - it's called CAT Uninstaller and it will uninstall the Catalyst Control Center along with everythng else; try Google

Saturday, November 21, 2009 4:35 AM
  • Did you try uninstalling under ctrl panel>program>programs & feature? Alternatively reinstall the above and try uninstalling it again
    Saturday, November 21, 2009 7:39 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Sam,

You can try install the ATI catalyst control centre again and then you may remove it properly.

Also, I found this thread in AMD forum about how to uninstall the software manually.

Note: Please first back up the registry key before editing. You can simply restore the registry by double-clicking the backed up .reg file.

To back up the registry key, please right click on the key on the left pane in Registry Editor -> Export -> Save the file as *.reg file.

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.
    Regards,

If the issue still exists, please contact AMD directly since they should have more resource in troubleshooting their product issues. ;-)

Regards,
    Linda

Monday, November 23, 2009 6:05 AM