none
Installing and running applocale

Question

• HI

I have used the Troubleshooting Compability to fix the applocale and now able to install into my Win7 32bits

However when I try to use it to install a Simplify Chinese application, it gave me the below error after selected the language and launch it.

"Applocale was unable to launch the specific application
    Please make sure the application specified is valid"

Thanks
    Andrew
    Sunday, June 14, 2009 1:00 AM

Answers

• Hi Andrew,

Thank you for providing software download link.

I did test on my test machine and have the similar issue. After researching it, I found the issue is caused by AppLocale does not have administrator privilege to run this setup package.

To do it.

1. Click Start, All Programs, Microsoft AppLocale, right click AppLocale, choose Properties.
    2. Click Compatibility tab, please check Run this program as an administrator.
    3. Then, please test the issue. 

Thanks.

• Proposed as answer by Nick FV Wednesday, June 17, 2009 6:21 PM
    • Marked as answer by AndrewNg Friday, June 19, 2009 6:57 PM
    Wednesday, June 17, 2009 3:49 AM

All replies

• Hi Andrew,

Please understand that Applocale is designed for Windows XP and Windows 2003, it is not recommended to install Applocale on Windows 7. You can try to install language pack to run Chinese application.

Thank you for your understanding.

Monday, June 15, 2009 7:49 AM
  • Understood for display language for language pack but does Win7 language serve the same purpose as applocale to detect the right language to display for diff applications?

Basically, I need to get around the installation and application menu for simplified chinese application while I am using traditional chinese. Currently I only know applocale will meet the need.

Any suggestion?
    Monday, June 15, 2009 5:12 PM
  • Could you please let me know which application you are trying to use?

Thanks.
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 1:54 AM
  • Hi,

Its a chinese base website and the application is a specific media player which run under simplified chinese.

http://download.wagabb.com/wagabb_full.exe

Thanks
    Andrew
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 11:58 AM
  • Hi Andrew,

Thank you for providing software download link.

I did test on my test machine and have the similar issue. After researching it, I found the issue is caused by AppLocale does not have administrator privilege to run this setup package.

To do it.

1. Click Start, All Programs, Microsoft AppLocale, right click AppLocale, choose Properties.
    2. Click Compatibility tab, please check Run this program as an administrator.
    3. Then, please test the issue. 

Thanks.

• Proposed as answer by Nick FV Wednesday, June 17, 2009 6:21 PM
    • Marked as answer by AndrewNg Friday, June 19, 2009 6:57 PM
    Wednesday, June 17, 2009 3:49 AM
  • Hi Robinson,

I have similar problem with win7 32bits, after installing simplify Chinese laguage pack for win7.

All menu have changed to simplify Chinese chaacter. Regarding the QQ Simplfy C, it can shown the right character, but shown strange code with QQ game application.

Would you mind telling me what is the next step.

Thanks
    Dicky 
    Tuesday, July 07, 2009 4:34 PM