none
how to find out my windows 7 product key?,.,

Question

• I am looking for someone to help me find my windows 7 product key for a toshiba satellite L555D-S7005, its up and running right now with a few bugs would like to reinstall the OS and put a fresh copy on it but the watermark sticker is faded really bad and you cant read it so is there any way to find the product key without paying money for some stupid program?..

Friday, August 05, 2011 2:26 AM

Answers

• The free version of Belarc Advisor will list product keys.

(The Windows license key is in the Windows registry, but it's encrypted.)

• Proposed as answer by Zyan Wu Friday, August 05, 2011 7:58 AM
    • Marked as answer by Miya YaoModerator Tuesday, August 23, 2011 2:28 AM
    Friday, August 05, 2011 2:36 AM

All replies

• The free version of Belarc Advisor will list product keys.

(The Windows license key is in the Windows registry, but it's encrypted.)

• Proposed as answer by Zyan Wu Friday, August 05, 2011 7:58 AM
    • Marked as answer by Miya YaoModerator Tuesday, August 23, 2011 2:28 AM
    Friday, August 05, 2011 2:36 AM
  • "BlackFireKnight" wrote in message news:b078d698-0940-4053-8a0e-6267931124f9...

I am looking for someone to help me find my windows 7 product key for a toshiba satellite L555D-S7005, its up and running right now with a few bugs would like to reinstall the OS and put a fresh copy on it but the watermark sticker is faded really bad and you cant read it so is there any way to find the product key without paying money for some stupid program?..

If you reinstall using the manufacturer's Recovery System, you will not need to enter the Key - it comes with its own Key built-in.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Friday, August 05, 2011 9:56 AM
  • Hi,

You can use the command to show the detailed information.

Click Start, input cmd in the search box, then press ENTER.

Input the command: slmgr /dli all

Wait for seconds, then you'll get a License information list.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, August 08, 2011 5:23 AM
  • Miya

Thanks for the command - but the response window is way taller than the screen, and cannot be scrolled - attempting to pipe the output to a txt file doesn't work, and it's impossible to Move the window so that the lower regions can be read.

This means that in some cases at least the result id frustration rather than illumination.

Is there a way around this?

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 7:47 AM
  • Hi Noel Paton,

Very thanks for notifying me that and sorry for my mistake.

Using the command slmgr /? will give you the activation information. However, it won't tell you the key. It's for security.

Maybe the third-party tool that bobkn mentioned could list the key, I didn't test that on my own computer.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, August 17, 2011 8:04 AM
  • As an alternative to Belarc Advisor you can also use a tool called Magic Jelly Bean Keyinder. This will allow the PID (Product ID)Product Key to be displayed from within Windows 7. 
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Edited by _JoeG Wednesday, August 17, 2011 11:50 PM Grammatical error -- thanx Noel
    Wednesday, August 17, 2011 4:06 PM
  • The PID is already visble - on the System properties page.
    Wednesday, August 17, 2011 4:58 PM
  • There are no built-in tools in Windows that allow you to do that. even the C:\>slmgr /dlv command only displays you the partial product key.

This link should help, it has many free utilities to help you extract the product key. And not just for Windows but also Office and other software:
    http://pcsupport.about.com/od/productkeysactivation/tp/topkeyfinder.htm

Kunal D Mehta - a Windows Server Enthusiast.
    • Proposed as answer by whiteboy101 Thursday, February 09, 2012 2:31 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by whiteboy101 Thursday, February 09, 2012 2:31 PM
    Wednesday, August 17, 2011 5:51 PM
  • There are no built-in tools in Windows that allow you to do that. even the C:\>slmgr /dlv command only displays you the partial product key.

This link should help, it has many free utilities to help you extract the product key. And not just for Windows but also Office and other software:
    http://pcsupport.about.com/od/productkeysactivation/tp/topkeyfinder.htm

Kunal D Mehta - a Windows Server Enthusiast.

Well i had the same problem trying to find my key in win7 and actually found a few viruses before i gave up...but just today i opened up a program called "everest ultimate edition" and BAM it was right there in the operating system tab and then again under operating system.... right there lmao i checked my sticker and it was exactly the same, dont waste time with magic jelly bean it just gave me horse shit for an answer.
    • Proposed as answer by whiteboy101 Thursday, February 09, 2012 2:36 PM
    Thursday, February 09, 2012 2:36 PM
  • there's a little free app,

free for real, since in the past i had to deal with apps that where "free" just to discover that they where on a "fremium" distribution model, or free with toolbars etc,

actually this app, called Find My Windows Key is free for real, of course i tested it with AV and is clean, does not install anything else than itself and have been monitoring the firewall just to check any weird behaviour but i must admit is clean and free. it's true that the key should be encrypted but as far as i know it's a storage purpose encription rather than a product key security feature since MS itself released a tool time ago that allows to see your own key tool that of course somewhere in the big cave of big M got lost.

in any case give it a try since it's handy and honestly developed.

• Edited by doroty Thursday, May 31, 2012 3:03 AM
    • Proposed as answer by doroty Saturday, June 02, 2012 9:57 PM
    Thursday, May 31, 2012 3:02 AM
  • I would be VERY careful about using that tool - buried in the verbiage in the site id the following notice.....

<quote>

FindMyWindowsKey website uses advertising services to serve ads to the website visitor. Google and/or its associates may use some generic information in order to provide a better targeted advertisement.

</quote>

....quite apart from the fact that the tool errors out on my system anyhow!

Thursday, May 31, 2012 9:02 AM
  • you were too careful too look for a trouble to avoid to understand that it means they use google adsense on their website, not in the app,

they also wrote "no ads in the app" how come you did not read that.

in any case when i stated that an app is clean it means is clean. and Find my Windows Key is 100% clean.

Saturday, June 02, 2012 7:14 PM
  • You can state what you like  - the tool does not work on any of my systems

Saturday, June 02, 2012 7:49 PM
  • Find My windows Key worked fine in my computer shop on:

- 3 Win7 64 bits

- 1 Win xp 32 bit

- 1 Win xp 64 bits

- 1 old Vista computers whose customer got the CoA unreadable, 64 bits as well

plus is portable...

I do not know what problems you have but contact them for support instead of inventing stories? since you look like such a fairy tale teller, buddy...

• Edited by doroty Saturday, June 02, 2012 9:56 PM
    Saturday, June 02, 2012 9:48 PM