none
Visioneer 9420 Scanner

Question

• Visioneer does not have a driver for my Visioneer 9420 flat bed scanner to use in Windows 7 RC build 7100. I installed the driver which is certified for Windows Vista. Upon installing, it asked me to connect the USB and Power cables to the PC and scanner and Windows 7 showed a message "Device driver 9420 software istalled successfully". I checked "Device Manager" and under "Imaging Devices" it listed my Visioneer 9420 showing under its properties device status "This device is working properly" Location: Port_#0001.Hub_#0004, with driver version: 4.0.7.523 dated 5/23/2007. However, when I try to scan using Adobe Acrobat Standard v8.0 or from Visioneer's bundled software, Paperport SE v11, is unable to communicate with the scanner. I tried installing in compatibility mode including running it on Windows XP Virtual mode with no success. Has anyone come across this issue and found a solution?

Wednesday, May 20, 2009 7:06 AM

Answers

• Visioneer does not have a driver for my Visioneer 9420 flat bed scanner to use in Windows 7 RC build 7100. I installed the driver which is certified for Windows Vista. Upon installing, it asked me to connect the USB and Power cables to the PC and scanner and Windows 7 showed a message "Device driver 9420 software istalled successfully". I checked "Device Manager" and under "Imaging Devices" it listed my Visioneer 9420 showing under its properties device status "This device is working properly" Location: Port_#0001.Hub_#0004, with driver version: 4.0.7.523 dated 5/23/2007. However, when I try to scan using Adobe Acrobat Standard v8.0 or from Visioneer's bundled software, Paperport SE v11, is unable to communicate with the scanner. I tried installing in compatibility mode including running it on Windows XP Virtual mode with no success. Has anyone come across this issue and found a solution?

Hi

The only thing I can recommend is to keep checking with Visioneer for compatible Windows 7 drivers. You might also want to contact their support and check to see what their policies will be for Windows 7 drivers.

You might also be interested in the following information.

The Windows Virtual PC is a new freely available program that is designed for Windows 7.

This comes with a specially configured VHD  called XP Mode.

When configured properly you can install a program/hardware device designed to run on Windows XP and it will place a shortcut to the program directly on the Windows 7 Start Menu. When you select that shortcut, the program/device will run just as if it is installed directly in Windows 7, but it will actually be running in the XP VHD Mode.

The following links will get you up to speed on this new add-on.

Windows Virtual PC and XP Mode: Home Page

Windows Virtual PC Download

Windows 7 Virtualization Forum

Hope this helps.

Thank You for testing Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 7:27 AM