none
How to stop the "This program blocked by group policy" pop-up notification?

Question

• Greetings, 

Someone suggested that if I post this question here I'm likely to get an answer. Hope I do. I have Windows 7 ultimate installed. 

I've created a software restriction policy that blocking a program from running. When this happens I get a pop-up window with the message "This program blocked by group policy."
    How can I stop this pop-up? 
    Sunday, February 17, 2013 7:26 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

If you don’t want to block the program, you can allow it to run. If you just want to disable the notification, I suggest refer to the following thread:

How to stop the "This program blocked by group policy" pop-up notification?

http://club.myce.com/f3/how-stop-program-blocked-group-policy-pop-up-notification-328308/

Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, February 18, 2013 8:42 AM
  • Thanks for the reply.

1. Yes, I do want to block the program from running. That's why I've set up the group policy. 

2. The suggested thread does not offer a solution to the problem. It does offer alternatives to using the group policy to block the program. Using Services to change from Auto to Manual is the popular choice: if the program runs in Services. (This particular one doesn't).  

So I'm stuck with the annoying pop-up! Which is really annoying. Love using the group policy, but this is a major hindrance. I'll begin a search for alternatives. 

Monday, February 18, 2013 8:26 PM
  • Hi,

As far as I know, If you blocked it via group policy, this message should be pop up, which is unable to be removed. Thanks,

Regards,

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 2:21 AM