none
no email program create association in Windows 8

Question

• I am using OpenOffice for word processing.  When I try to send the document as an email directly from OpenOffice the following message appears.

There is no email program associated to perform the requested action.  Please install an email program or if one is installed, create an association in the defaults program control panel.

Does Windows 8 have an email program installed?  If not, what is the purpose of having the mail tile?

Thursday, November 29, 2012 4:18 AM

Answers

All replies

• For some reason your Open Office won't recognize Mail in Windows 8.

Contact their support and report this issue.

Thursday, November 29, 2012 12:02 PM
  • It's not just Open Office. On my new windows 8 computer, when I try to send a picture from the windows photo viewer, the same message appears. I went into control panel to set the default and it was already set on use current email program.
    Friday, April 19, 2013 2:35 AM
  • I have this issue also. Windows 8 . whenever i select send to mail recipient i get this error message. I canonly  send photos while in my mail or  in photos then clicking share and then selecting MAIL. I should be able to Right click, send to, mail recipient but this doesn't work.

Saturday, May 11, 2013 11:57 PM
  • I have the same issue when trying to scan to e-mail from my all-in-one printer. I am using Windows 8.1
    Friday, December 06, 2013 2:17 PM