none
lexmark x5495 and windows 7 - driver problem

Question

•   Hi, I have windows 7 and just got a printer - lexmark x5495

unfortunately Windows cant find the right driver 4 the printer via windows update...

I have downloaded  driver for win 7 32, 64 bit, windows vista even windows xp and non of them is good!!! :(

I was looking all over google for somebody to solve that problem and nothing!

on the lexmark and windows websites it says printer is compatible but must be something wrong with driver

btw it works 100% under win xp and it is not any printer spool  problem...

can somebody help me, please

Sunday, March 13, 2011 11:58 PM

Answers

All replies

• 1. Disconnect the USB Printer Cable

2.  Locate the Start / Programs / Lexmark XXXX Series / Tools / Uninstall Lexmark XXXX  Series shortcut.

3. To start the uninstallation procedure click on the Yes button.

4. Please be patient and let the operation complete.

5. As indicated on the last screen, restart the computer by clicking Ok .

6. Install the Windows 7 Printer Driver for your printer.

Here is link for the printer driver.

http://support.lexmark.com/index?locale=en&page=product&productCode=LEXMARK_X5495&segment=SUPPORT&userlocale=EN_US&frompage=null#1

Monday, March 14, 2011 7:00 PM
  • hi, thanks 4 help but like I said windows is still asking 4 driver - lexmark x5495 driver not found - I don't know what to do...

I don't wanna spend money 4 another printer... :(

ANY OTHER IDEAS?

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 10:30 PM
  •   Hi, I have windows 7 and just got a printer - lexmark x5495

unfortunately Windows cant find the right driver 4 the printer via windows update...

I have downloaded  driver for win 7 32, 64 bit, windows vista even windows xp and non of them is good!!! :(

I was looking all over google for somebody to solve that problem and nothing!

on the lexmark and windows websites it says printer is compatible but must be something wrong with driver

btw it works 100% under win xp and it is not any printer spool  problem...

can somebody help me, please

Could you be more specific when you mention none of the drivers is good? Is there any exclamation mark in device manager for the printer? And what makes you think the problem lies with the drivers and not the printer itself or the way you setup the drivers?

Suggest you to uninstall the printer drivers from device manager, next reboot your pc and ensure the printer is power on and plug in, next let windows 7 detect and assign drivers by itself instead of using the drivers downloaded.

If still no go after the above, run the drivers in xp or vista compatble mode under windows 7

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 12:13 AM
  •  

none of the drivers is good -> there is yellow sign with ! on the printer in device menager - even when windows is trying to download its own drivers, -

windows says driver cannot be found... so I downloaded drivers 4 win 7 from hp site and installed them - installation successful says printer is ready to use but

yellow sign is still on the printer in device manager. and I cannot print - it says x5495 no driver found :(

I was trying win xp drivers under -> under xp compatible mode but it cannot connect to the printer via usb...

printer works fine under another computer with win xp

Saturday, March 19, 2011 12:28 AM
  • The XP driver is only available in 32bit.  Is Windows 7 64bit or 32 bit?  You can only use a 64bit print driver on 64 bit operating system and 32bit print driver on 32bit OS.
    Alan Morris Windows Printing Team
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 9:19 PM
  • Hi friend.

I have windows 7 64 bits and a X5470.

I experienced same problem, and I found a 99% solution:

With the 5490 Vista x64 pt-br driver (http://downloads.lexmark.com/downloads/cpd/cjs5400BP.exe), the installation occurs normally. (the red x appears on the driver autodetect process, but after the complete installation, the Lexmark 5400 Series on Control Panel is OK (no red or yellow warnings).

On first printing attempt, I have some spool and fax manager error messages, but only 1st time.

Tips:

- unplug the printer usb

- uninstall ALL printer drivers (device manager and uninstall on folders)

- delete c:\ drivers folders previous downloaded

- restart

- turn on printer, DONT plug usb yet

- install driver

- plug usb ONLY when asked (then it finishes installation automatically)

- restart (if necessary due to error messages)

Friday, October 21, 2011 2:36 AM
  • Thank you, Flavio!

I had the same problem on my new Win-7 64-bit laptop when I previously installed the ENglish version (cjs5400EN.exe) of the 64-bit Lexmark x5400 driver. I tried installing the English 64-bit version again using your instructions but it complained immediately and did not install. The Brazilian Portuguese version did install satisfactorily although it said that the installation was unsuccessful. After rebooting, the Lexmark X5400 printer driver in Control Panel is OK (without an "!") and I CAN NOW PRINT!!

Thanks again for the link to the BP version and the end of my frustration.

Sunday, February 19, 2012 2:43 PM
  • I had this problem. I resolved it by running the Windows 7 installer in Vista compatibility mode. To do this, right click on the setup file, click on "Properties > Compatibility > Compatibility Mode" and enable the "Run this program in compatibility mode for" option and select "Windows Vista Service Pack 2" from the list. The driver should now install properly and pick up the Lexmark printer. Hope this helps.
    Saturday, March 30, 2013 2:37 PM