none
Windows 7 Driver Support for HP DeskJet 5440

Question

• I tried installing the driver for Vista, but I wasn't able to and got a message saying it wasn't compatible with Windows 7.

However, I was able to install a basic driver that Windows 7 automatically installed when I first plugged in the printer.  The printer is able to print, but the problem is that it only prints in black and white.  No matter what I do I'm not able to make it print in color.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem?  Thanks
    Sunday, November 08, 2009 7:13 AM

Answers

• Infact you could use the driver for vista and run it under vista compatible mode and next run as adminstrator. Lastly did you verify the ink status to ensure that the colour is not getting low
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Friday, November 13, 2009 1:48 AM
    Sunday, November 08, 2009 8:31 AM
    Answerer
  • Also, you can refer to this article from HP to install the driver.

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

If the issue persists, please wait for HP to publish the newer driver for Windows 7. Also, you can install the Vista driver in the Compatibility Mode as Daniel mentioned in this post.

Monday, November 09, 2009 6:25 AM

All replies

• Infact you could use the driver for vista and run it under vista compatible mode and next run as adminstrator. Lastly did you verify the ink status to ensure that the colour is not getting low
    Sunday, November 08, 2009 8:31 AM
    Answerer
  • Also, you can refer to this article from HP to install the driver.

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

If the issue persists, please wait for HP to publish the newer driver for Windows 7. Also, you can install the Vista driver in the Compatibility Mode as Daniel mentioned in this post.

Monday, November 09, 2009 6:25 AM