none
Apps Icons have gone blank on start screen in Windows 8

Question

• Most of the apps icons on my Start Screen have gone blank...just colored tiles with nothing in it. No name, no live update, nothing. What is going on???
    Tuesday, November 20, 2012 3:32 AM

Answers

• Run sfc /scannow to try to repair the system. 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 8:23 AM

All replies

• This site won't let me post a print screen picture I took of the start screen...ARGH! The icons are there, but they are just solid colors, so I can't tell which icon corresponds to which app. I cannot find this problem discussed ANYWHERE, and I have been looking for several hours, so someone please help me.
    Tuesday, November 20, 2012 3:34 AM
  • Brian

You can upload the snip to your Skydrive or a file sharing service like Rapidshare and post a link to it in your next post.   Please add as many details about the problem as you can like system specs, error messages, etc.

MS-MVP 2010, 2011, 2012 Sysnative.com Team ZigZag

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 9:38 PM
  • Run sfc /scannow to try to repair the system. 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 8:23 AM