none
IDT High Defintion Audio CODEC Problem

Question

• I have not had sound on my laptop for about a week.  I have had a number of problems, but one of the more annoying lingering ones is that I have no audio.  I went to the manufacturer website, entered my service tag, and downloaded the proper / updated driver for my machines.  I also followed the instructions to uninstall and delete the old driver prior to installing the new one.  When I attempted to install the new one, I received this message:

"The hardware detected is not supported by this IDT software package.  The install will be aborted."

So, now I am without my old driver, and the new one that the manufacturer recommends is not supported by their hardware.  Any advice?

Thanks.

Saturday, July 30, 2011 12:55 AM

Answers

• I have not had sound on my laptop for about a week.  I have had a number of problems, but one of the more annoying lingering ones is that I have no audio.  I went to the manufacturer website, entered my service tag, and downloaded the proper / updated driver for my machines.  I also followed the instructions to uninstall and delete the old driver prior to installing the new one.  When I attempted to install the new one, I received this message:

"The hardware detected is not supported by this IDT software package.  The install will be aborted."

So, now I am without my old driver, and the new one that the manufacturer recommends is not supported by their hardware.  Any advice?

Thanks.

Contact the Technical Support of your system.

They are the source for your hardware drivers and any problems associated with those drivers!

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Saturday, July 30, 2011 3:17 PM

All replies

Thanks.

Contact the Technical Support of your system.

They are the source for your hardware drivers and any problems associated with those drivers!

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Saturday, July 30, 2011 3:17 PM
  • Thanks so much, Rick Dee.  I suppose that is the "A" answer to my question!  So, I made a second attempt to install the driver that I downloaded from the manufacturer's website.  This time, as opposed to indicating that the hardware did not support the driver, I received a failure message with an option to try to repair it.  I clicked repair, and it worked this time.

This was my first post to this forum, and I am happy to be part of the network now!  Thanks again for taking the time to answer my post.

Very best,

VVD

Vince
    Tuesday, August 02, 2011 1:22 PM
  • I had the same exact problem, for almost a week.... until oneday i decided to plug in my ipod to get a few songs from my library.. A few sec after i plugged in my ipod my sound was back... After trying everything under the sun from forums and tech supports, all it took was my ipod ... I dont know if it will work for you, but its worth a try....
    Monday, December 12, 2011 12:34 AM