none
Setup a Windows 7 computer as a terminal server?

Question

• Hi there, does anyone know if its possible to setup a Windows 7 computer as a terminal server and have multiple users connect to it? I know you can do this with the Server OS but I am trying to find a way to setup multiple Windows 7 boxes, each with a different version of IE to test a website in different browsers. Installing the browser on a Server OS will not simulate the exact same environment as it would on a client OS.

Thanks!

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 8:15 PM

Answers

• Hi

Windows client operating systems license terms do not permit multiple users to access or otherwise use one licensed copy of the software simultaneously.

To test different versions of IE simply press F12 within the browser to access the developer tools and change the browser mode. IE will then behave like previous versions ideal for testing and app compatability.

Thanks

Paul

Twitter: paul__iddon..... Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Dont forget to vote on if you find the answer helpful. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Any advice given in these forums should be tested in a non production environment before implementing.
    • Proposed as answer by zhen tan Monday, November 14, 2011 7:41 AM
    • Marked as answer by Reena111 Monday, November 14, 2011 4:00 PM
    Wednesday, November 09, 2011 11:15 PM

All replies

• Hi

Windows client operating systems license terms do not permit multiple users to access or otherwise use one licensed copy of the software simultaneously.

To test different versions of IE simply press F12 within the browser to access the developer tools and change the browser mode. IE will then behave like previous versions ideal for testing and app compatability.

Thanks

Paul

Twitter: paul__iddon..... Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Dont forget to vote on if you find the answer helpful. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Any advice given in these forums should be tested in a non production environment before implementing.
    • Proposed as answer by zhen tan Monday, November 14, 2011 7:41 AM
    • Marked as answer by Reena111 Monday, November 14, 2011 4:00 PM
    Wednesday, November 09, 2011 11:15 PM
  • Hi,

If I understand you correctly, that means I can not run a thrid party application that gives me access to run Windows 7 Pro from 5 Thin clients simutaneously through RDP?

I was looking at this product called XPunlimited and they say that their product can do just that. Does that mean using this product is illegal under the license agreement?  or I just need to buy the appropiate amount of Windows 7 Pro licenses to be legit? The thin clients have no OS on them.

What would be the best practice?

Thanks,

John

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 7:27 PM