none
Microsoft.NET Framework 4 Client Profile and It's Compatibility with Update Microsoft.NET Framework 4.5.1 for 64 based Systems

Question

•  Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit OS. SP 1 . HP Pavilion g7 notebook PC . Windows office 2012

Hi, I have been looking for help with  update and repair issues and am now worried about the integrity of my PC.

On Nov 26, 2013, I was offered update (KB2858725) Microsoft.Net Framework 4.5.1 for 64 based Systems. MY PC came with Net Framework 3.5 installed. Microsoft.Net Framework 4 Client Profile was installed as an update on June 18 2012. It was all I needed.

Tried to install (KB2858725). Failed with Errors 0x80070643 three times. Then I hid the Update. Went to Programs and Features to try a repair for Client Profile 4. Thought this may aid the Update.  A Repair was actually done. An new update was installed, during the repair.

It is :Update for Windows (KB958488). Details show it as Important: Microsoft.Net Framework 4.0 Shared.

Programs and Features show NET Framework 4 Client Profile, as before  with the original installation date. But, View Installed Updates shows all 19 Client Profile 4 Updates now as installed on Nov 26, 2013.   Update  for Windows (KB958488) is found under Microsoft Windows.                                                                                                 

I tried to install the offered Update (KB2858725) two more times with same Error 0x80070643.

Questions: 1] Was it alright to run a repair for NET Framework 4 Client Profile and to receive the update (KB958488)? I wonder why I needed a repair and why the Update was never offered?            

2] Can I assume that with Client Profile 4 installed that I do not need the offered Update (KB2858725) and that this Update NET Framework 4.5.1 is not compatible with Client Profile 4?

3] Can I now hide Update (KB2858488) for good and only install Updates for Microsoft.Net Framework 4 Client Profile? I have read about Client Profile 4 and it seems, that for me, I do not need the full Application as in NET Framework 4.

Please let me know if my understanding is correct or if I must make changes.                           Thank you for helping out,  picpansnap

Friday, November 29, 2013 7:47 AM

Answers