none
Webcam

Question

•  I have a webcam, and am trying to open it, to see my granddaughter, but it says No camera found? How do I get this to work?
    Monday, June 11, 2012 3:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on my research, I am afraid that you have not installed the WebCam Application. Please download and install it from Gateway Download Webpage. There are two WebCam applications in Applications tab, you may only need to download one of the two ones.

Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

If issue persists, it is recommended to contact Gateway Support for help.

Hope this helps.

Jeremy Wu

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, June 14, 2012 10:04 AM

All replies

• we need to know the make & model of your computer and also what kind of webcam it is before we can help you any further.
    Monday, June 11, 2012 6:52 PM
  • Hi,

How did you open the webcam? What application do you use?

In Windows 7, the webcam is not listed in Windows Explorer. Please check if you can find it in "Devices and Printers":

1. Click Start button->Devices and Printers.
    2. If the webcam is installed successfully, it will be listed and will be recognized by applications like Windows Live Messenger.

But in Devices and Printers, you may not able to open the webcam and start capturing. You can use webcam's capture application to do this.  If the webcam is not installed, go to Windows 7 Compatibility Center to find out if it's compatible with windows 7.

More information:

Using a webcam

Use a webcam to bring your instant messaging to life

Hope this helps.

Jeremy Wu

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 9:17 AM
  •  The make is GATEWAY  and the model is NV58, hope this helps, I am not sure what type of webcam if is, as my son took it out to try and re install it, now I can not even find it in My computer? it use to come up when i logged in, I am so confused as to where it went, if i do a search , there is nothing, thank you

Cindy Rumble

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 12:20 PM
  •  I have never been able to open it?How do I reinstal it? my computer is gateway and the model is NV58, my son took it out, to try and re instal it, and now I can't get it back?

Cindy Rumble

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 12:22 PM
  • Hi,

Based on my research, I am afraid that you have not installed the WebCam Application. Please download and install it from Gateway Download Webpage. There are two WebCam applications in Applications tab, you may only need to download one of the two ones.

Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

If issue persists, it is recommended to contact Gateway Support for help.

Hope this helps.

Jeremy Wu

Thursday, June 14, 2012 10:04 AM
  •  Hi Jeremy I downloaded both apps, but still nothing, I am confused as to where the heck it went to in the first place? I have a Gateway NV58, Intel, Windows Vista, hope this helps, thanks for the help Cindy

Cindy Rumble

Monday, June 25, 2012 4:08 PM
  •  I have a gateway NV58, Intel, Windows Vista, hope this helps, thank you.

Cindy Rumble

Monday, June 25, 2012 4:09 PM
  •  I have a webcam, and am trying to open it, to see my granddaughter, but it says No camera found? How do I get this to work?

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 3:12 PM