none
My monitor keeps switching screens!!

Question

• When I am on the internet my monitor has a mind of its own! I could be viewing a page, or typing something and you will hear a 'click' as if I had initiated a page change and it will switch to another screen. It is especially frustrating when I am typing an email because it will cause me to lose what i have written. This doesn't happen when I am offline. I have run a check and there have been no viruses or threats found. Does anybody have any idea what could be causing this???

Oh yeah. also, when I am typing, the cursor will jump all over to the place so that my text will appear somewhere in the middle of the body

Monday, January 23, 2012 7:42 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I suggest that you use the following method to troubleshoot this issue:

1.Try to repro this issue.

2.Open Resource Monitor (Task Manager -> Performance -> Resource Monitor).

3.Click Network tag in Resource Monitor.

4.End the third party process which accessing network one by one.

5.If the problem disappears, remove the related software.

Hope that helps

William Tan

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 9:34 AM

All replies

• "JoanMadden" wrote in message news:b3b7e70a-fd62-4152-8231-2fc4591f7365...

When I am on the internet my monitor has a mind of its own! I could be viewing a page, or typing something and you will hear a 'click' as if I had initiated a page change and it will switch to another screen. It is especially frustrating when I am typing an email because it will cause me to lose what i have written. This doesn't happen when I am offline. I have run a check and there have been no viruses or threats found. Does anybody have any idea what could be causing this???

Oh yeah. also, when I am typing, the cursor will jump all over to the place so that my text will appear somewhere in the middle of the body

Check that you don’t have any microphone active on the machine – it could be feeding into ‘Alternative Input’ and taking control of the mouse

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Monday, January 23, 2012 8:31 PM
  • I definitely don't have any microphone set up on the computer. Or speakers. I've deleted all the history don't a virus check and nothing is working. I hope somebody can help me figure this out :)
    Shannon Lee
    Monday, January 23, 2012 10:17 PM
  • Hi,

I suggest that you use the following method to troubleshoot this issue:

1.Try to repro this issue.

2.Open Resource Monitor (Task Manager -> Performance -> Resource Monitor).

3.Click Network tag in Resource Monitor.

4.End the third party process which accessing network one by one.

5.If the problem disappears, remove the related software.

Hope that helps

William Tan

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 9:34 AM