none
Error code 80070005

Question

•  

I'm trying to download Service Pack 1 for Vista.  I continue to recieve the error code 80070005....

I've tried quite a few fix-it suggestions but nothing works.....................any help would be nice!!

Sunday, April 27, 2008 11:00 PM

All replies

• We need more details.

How are you trying to install SP1, using Windows Update or did you download the standalone installer?

At what point do you receive the error?

Which version of Vista do you have installed?

Basically, the error code 8007005 is the common 'access denied' error.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Desktop Experience
    Monday, April 28, 2008 5:09 PM
  • I've been trying to use Winodows Update and the Standalone Version.......When I use windows update the downloading always fails at 13%................My version is Vista Business.......

I've tried countless things to fix this, including Microsoft's online suggestions..........but I think I"m throwing in the towel and reinstalliing now...

thanks anyway

Monday, April 28, 2008 6:25 PM
  • I too have tried, twice to use the automatic update for "Windows Vista Service Pack1 for x64-based Systems (KB936330)"

Both times it has failed with 80070005, I clicked get help and 25 error codes launch not of wich match the error returned from the failed attempt.

I'll continue other forums for now....Just wanted to let it be known in MS TechNet as well.

Post back when I find a fix.

SLay

Thursday, May 08, 2008 7:17 PM
  • I've now had this problem twice as well...  I'm currently running Vista Home Premium on a Dell M2010

It fully downloads then slows at the start of the installation and gives me a "failed update" with the message Code 80070005

On my system when I try to go to www.update.microsoft.com it automatically tells me "(ID10T) go to the start menu and use the quick link(m0r0n)"  lol  So I go through the quick link and it gives me the whole run around, lets me download the service pack (for like the third or fourth time now) and wigs out when it tries to install.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnyway, if it'll help get out some of the kinks from my system with Vista it'd be nice

(one other random issue is when I connected some speakers to my laptop it uninstalled my audio drivers for my regular speakers, so now unless I have those speakers connected I can't use the 8 included in my laptop....)  Any solutions for that one?

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 11:29 PM
  •  Attreides wrote:

I'm trying to download Service Pack 1 for Vista.  I continue to recieve the error code 80070005....

I've tried quite a few fix-it suggestions but nothing works.....................any help would be nice!!

Friday, November 07, 2008 10:35 PM