none
Cannot open images created with XP on DVD on Win7 or XPM

Question

• I burned jpgs to a dvd-r on another computer with XP.  The computer died.  Now I have Win 7 with a new hard drive and the old XP hard drive which I use only for XPM.  When I try to retrieve the images in Win7, the disk shows that 3 gb of 4 gb (or whatever) has been used, so the files are there, but I can only see what says desktop and file type is config settings.  I have changed my settings to show hidden files bu that doesn't help.  I have tried to retrieve the jpgs using XPM but it says 0 bytes on the DVD and asks me to insert a disc.  If I open the DVD in another computer that is all XP it works fine.  This is frustrating me.  I know the images are there, how do I get them?  Thanks
    Sunday, February 19, 2012 12:15 AM

Answers

All replies

• Take ownership of the drive in Windows 7.

In Windows Explorer, right click on the drive, select Properties then the Security tab and give your username Full control over the drive.

Sunday, February 19, 2012 7:16 AM
  • Thanks for the reply.  I was unable to complete as I did not have a security tab, via the directions provided.  I did, however, find directions that said to insert the DVD, and reboot the computer and that did work just fine.
    Sunday, March 04, 2012 10:21 PM