none
Will windows 7 final version run Intel 82865G graphics controller based systems?

Question

• I was running Windows 7 RC for about 4 months, and from the beginning was a problem to run these driver, the system present an uncapability for this Intel chipset, the last I tried was to install windows XP, backup all system drivers, install Windows 7RC and restore the drivers, the result was the same, simply Windows 7 RC didn`t recognize the XP driver, and unfortunetly on Intel`s web site there isn`t an update for this driver, so my system can`t run high quallity graphics and games with this system... and it`s just the only one and unique problem for my system, What a sorrow... I was thinking Windows 7 will solve all the Windows Vista problems
    Sunday, October 11, 2009 2:13 AM

Answers

• I have the same chipset on a test win7 RC pc (ended up using a dedicated graphics card since I wanted to play games on it), and (pay attention Daniel) Intel never made Vista drivers since the chipset supposedly doesn't meet WDDM 1.0 (Vista drivers) specifications.

However, you can run a XP driver for it, just run the driver installer in compatibility mode (right click installer, select Properties, compatibility tab, run program in compat. mode for XP SP3) and it should work (as I have done the same sucessfully on another test win7 PC with another affected chipset (82810)), just note that with the XPDM display model (aka XP drivers) you might not be able to run DVDs or the card games very well, but it will work for everyday net surfing. Check Intel site's for the XP driver installer for the 82865G chipset.

Hello! Please reply back, promptly if possible with the results to solutions to your problem!
    - JoelbX
    JoelbX's favorite threads | Skydrive | Cool 'gadget' programs: Download or Visit websites
    Stuff for win7 launch party hosts
    Monday, October 12, 2009 1:00 AM
  • As JoelbX mentioned, we cannot guarantee if Windows 7 can support the display card or not as there is no driver released by Intel. Install driver in compatibility mode is a workaround.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009 8:45 AM

All replies

• Imo it should work, have you try running the onboard graphic drivers under xp or vista compatible mode and next run as adminstrator on win 7? Alternatively try letting the Intel® Driver Update Utility detect graphics updates that are relevant to your computer, and let em helps you install them

Following are the update utility. Fyi if you're really into gaming i would suggest you to get a graphic card instead as a onboard graphic is not mean for gaming, especially those game that are graphic intensive
    Sunday, October 11, 2009 4:11 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Daniel, thanks for your suggestion, but that things I alredy did and didn`t work... the graghics driver is not on list for Windows 7 driver capability, and Intel Update utility have just for Windows XP last updates, the real thing from Intel about Windows 7 af this product, It`s a Intel 865G chipset family Installation  utility, that woks great but when it goes to install the graphics controller driver goes the same way, and doesn´t install, the system reports an Standard VGA Graphics Adapter... Really I´m not interested on games, but how doesn´t want sudenlly run a Halo or Age of Empires on free time?, and by other wise, I´m thinking that big corporations like Microsoft don`t think in outhers wolrd regions where there are thougth situations than north america or Europe, and people don´t have the opportunity to renew the computer each time a new windows appear
    Monday, October 12, 2009 12:15 AM
  • I have the same chipset on a test win7 RC pc (ended up using a dedicated graphics card since I wanted to play games on it), and (pay attention Daniel) Intel never made Vista drivers since the chipset supposedly doesn't meet WDDM 1.0 (Vista drivers) specifications.

However, you can run a XP driver for it, just run the driver installer in compatibility mode (right click installer, select Properties, compatibility tab, run program in compat. mode for XP SP3) and it should work (as I have done the same sucessfully on another test win7 PC with another affected chipset (82810)), just note that with the XPDM display model (aka XP drivers) you might not be able to run DVDs or the card games very well, but it will work for everyday net surfing. Check Intel site's for the XP driver installer for the 82865G chipset.

Hello! Please reply back, promptly if possible with the results to solutions to your problem!
    - JoelbX
    JoelbX's favorite threads | Skydrive | Cool 'gadget' programs: Download or Visit websites
    Monday, October 12, 2009 1:00 AM
  • As JoelbX mentioned, we cannot guarantee if Windows 7 can support the display card or not as there is no driver released by Intel. Install driver in compatibility mode is a workaround.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009 8:45 AM
  • I turn off aerosnap, else I get freezes.

I use this unsigned driver:
    http://www.techbirdy.com/files/Intel(R)%2082865G-techbirdy.com.zip

with this driver,
    I can play solitaire.

but can't playback MP4s using WMP12.

WMP12 with Std VGA driver uses 100% CPU.

use Mplayer for Windows instead; however this is pixellated when using the std VGA driver.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 1:39 PM
  • I turn off aerosnap, else I get freezes.

I use this unsigned driver:
    http://www.techbirdy.com/files/Intel(R)%2082865G-techbirdy.com.zip

with this driver,
    I can play solitaire.

but can't playback MP4s using WMP12.

WMP12 with Std VGA driver uses 100% CPU.

use Mplayer for Windows instead; however this is pixellated when using the std VGA driver.

The normal, safe driver from Intel will do the same thing and maybe even play videos better, I suggest you use Intel's driver and not the one g4qber has listed.
    Please use these links:
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=9498&lang=eng
    http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-029325.htm

- JoelbX
    Tuesday, October 20, 2009 3:23 PM
  • We had 5 of these PCs that our company wanted to upgrade, rather than replace.  I found this driver download (cost about $10) that worked great.  http://www.user-guides.co.uk/cddownload/Intel/Intel82865G/Intel-82865G-Integrated-Graphics-Controller-D530-sff-dc578av-Windows-7-688470.html
    Saturday, July 31, 2010 3:11 AM
  • Thank you for good information!
    Friday, February 11, 2011 11:55 PM
  • Manage found the work around. Please check as per hyperlink

http://mycmnet.blogspot.com/2011/08/for-older-hardware-to-run-on-windows-7.html

Sunday, August 28, 2011 5:32 PM