none
"Compressed (zipped) Folder" option is missing from Send To.

Question

• The "Compressed (zipped) Folder" option from the <Send To> options is missing on my machine. I have run the command rundll32 zipfldr.dll, RegisterSendTo. When I run the rundll32 zipfldr.dll, RegisterSendTo I get the message "Error in zipfldr.dll, Missing entry:registersendto". I've also copied the shortcut from the Windows <Send To> to the Users <Send To> which hasn't worked either. Are there any alternative solutions?
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 4:03 AM

Answers

• Hi Velorium,

Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet forums.

Did you find the folder named “Compressed (zipped) folder” in  location %systemdrive%\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo ?

Copy and paste it to the location %systemdrive%\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo

Please make sure you don’t set the folder Properties- Attributes to “Hidden”.

In addition, since you cannot successfully load the zipfldr.dll, I suggest you do a System File Checker, follow these steps:

1. Insert the Windows 7 installation DVD into the DVD-ROM; Click Exit if the auto-menu pops up.

2. Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow. 

3.  At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow

If it doesn’t work, when did this issue happen?

A system restore could help you restore to the time that the option was showed.

Best Regards,

Miya Yao

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum. If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, February 17, 2011 1:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Velorium,

Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet forums.

Did you find the folder named “Compressed (zipped) folder” in  location %systemdrive%\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo ?

Copy and paste it to the location %systemdrive%\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo

Please make sure you don’t set the folder Properties- Attributes to “Hidden”.

In addition, since you cannot successfully load the zipfldr.dll, I suggest you do a System File Checker, follow these steps:

1. Insert the Windows 7 installation DVD into the DVD-ROM; Click Exit if the auto-menu pops up.

2. Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow. 

3.  At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow

If it doesn’t work, when did this issue happen?

A system restore could help you restore to the time that the option was showed.

Best Regards,

Miya Yao

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum. If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, February 17, 2011 1:52 AM
  • Hi,

How’s going? Please feel free to give us any update. 

Best Regards,

Miya Yao

Monday, February 21, 2011 3:23 AM
  • Hi,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as ‘Answered’ as the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios. If the issue still persists, please feel free to  reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

BTW,  we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems. Thanks for your understanding and efforts.

Best Regards,

Miya Yao

Thursday, February 24, 2011 6:19 AM
  • I had the same problem and my sendto file was "hidden". thanks for the solution.
    Monday, February 27, 2012 7:54 PM
  • I have seen this problem described in several forums.  this seems to be an older thread, so here is my scenario.

The solution to copy a from default\appData\roaming\microsoft\windows\sendto\... to <user>\appData\... (ZFSendToTarget) does not work.  The file is not hidden.  I did a quick peek creating a copy, then a file rename as .txt, I opened that file with notepad and saw the word, ZIP.  

I did install the WinZip program, but decided to remove it a few weeks ago.  I thought I had accessed that feature since that time. 

Friday, February 07, 2014 6:57 PM