none
Windows 8.1 cannot Send/Receive Files via Bluetooth, why?

Question

• I'm now using ASUS N56V and I recenty updated it from windows 8 to 8.1. But after i updated, bluetooth does not working. I had try many times but failed. I can only add devices, but cant send the file even receive bluetooth file transfer from my mobile phone. why?
    Monday, November 18, 2013 2:14 PM

Answers

• Visit ASUS support website and reinstall Bluetooth software.

Run Windows Update and install all updates.

Monday, November 18, 2013 5:06 PM
  • Hi, 

Meanwhile I suggest you temporary disable the antivirus and firewall, then check the result. If the issue persists please let us know if the issue occurs when transferring data with any other devices. 

There may be hardware compatibility issues between the adapters on the computer and the device. Try update Bluetooth driver and the bluetooth component of your Windows phone to check the results.

Kate Li
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 5:29 AM

All replies

• Visit ASUS support website and reinstall Bluetooth software.

Run Windows Update and install all updates.

Monday, November 18, 2013 5:06 PM
  • Hi, 

Meanwhile I suggest you temporary disable the antivirus and firewall, then check the result. If the issue persists please let us know if the issue occurs when transferring data with any other devices. 

There may be hardware compatibility issues between the adapters on the computer and the device. Try update Bluetooth driver and the bluetooth component of your Windows phone to check the results.

Kate Li
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 5:29 AM
  • I had the same problem after installing 8.1.

Search 'fsquirt' at the Start Screen, and then if you wanna send a file just choose 'send files', if you wanna recieve files, just choose 'Recieve Files'

If you pin the program on the taskbar you're all set for future transfers through bluetooth.

• Proposed as answer by VPS_80 Monday, June 09, 2014 4:20 PM
    Thursday, January 30, 2014 9:26 AM
  • Thanks this answer works on windows 8.1

Search 'fsquirt' at the Start Screen, and then if you wanna send a file just choose 'send files', if you wanna recieve files, just choose 'Recieve Files'

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 6:44 AM
  • Just pair your device with your notebook and after that open explorer in which you will see icon representing your device (phone or tablet). By clicking on this icon you will be able to browse whole content of device (photos for example), then you can copy it to your notebook ..
    Tuesday, March 18, 2014 8:50 AM
  • thanks a lot. its work.    

I was wrong because the upgrade win8 to win8.1. I can't  play PES 2013,  printer drivers disappeared,  and what else ?  i don't know.  just  in 12 hours  i found 3 problem...   

Sunday, March 23, 2014 12:38 PM
  • Awesome thank you very much for this info, works a treat. I emailed Microsoft of this issue, they are as useless as a bull with tits. If anyone has the same issue just do what has been said here, but if Microsoft ironed out all there bugs before releasing there updates we wouldn't be pulling out hair out as much hey....cheers again top information
    Tuesday, March 25, 2014 7:43 PM
  • Wow!! Its working perfectly in windows 8.1

Thank you 

Sunday, April 20, 2014 2:49 AM