none
w7 run slow

Question

• I have 7100 version and run very, very  slow,(no malware, no virus,etc) I have 2 Gb ram, C2Duo e8400 with video integrated DX10 (G43 chipset)
    When I open image, movies and when I working with p2p programs and when. 
    I reinstall the w7 - work great; after few days run sloooowly (same upgrade from ms are fault ?) 
    I have kasperky antivirus w7 versions
    XP was run great, vista acceptable but is imposible, w7 are ok  but work slowly after days.
    Tks for help
    Sunday, September 13, 2009 11:59 AM

Answers

• I'd suggest uninstalling the AV software, rather than just e.g. disabling real-time scanning or the like (since the AV drivers likely remain loaded at all times, unless the software is actually uninstalled).
    • Marked as answer by constantin2009 Tuesday, September 15, 2009 1:06 PM
    Monday, September 14, 2009 10:26 AM
  • Good to hear you were able to improve the performance of your computer, constantin2009. :-)
    Monday, September 14, 2009 4:31 PM
  • Hi,

As the performance issue occurs after a few days, it should not be caused by hardware but software such as updates, drivers and running programs.

First we can try a Clean Boot. Please refer the steps for Windows Vista.

If issue will not occur in Clean Boot situation, please contniue perform the narrow down steps to find out the root cause.

If issue still exists, we can try a Restore (or reinstall the system again), disable Automatic Update for several days to see if it is the cause. If issue does not reoccur, install updates one at a time to see if there is a specific update causes the issue. If issue still reoccur, we can focus on the programs we just installed after restore or reinstall.

Also please remember do a restart when installing important programs such as security programs to see if they are the cause.
    Monday, September 14, 2009 6:35 AM
  • Hi constantin2009,

I've read reports of others using Kaspersky with Win7, experiencing performance issues.  You might try uninstalling it (download an alternative AV product first if you must, or if you can simply remain disconnected from any network while you test...) and seeing if there is an improvement...
    Monday, September 14, 2009 9:24 AM

All replies

• Hi,

As the performance issue occurs after a few days, it should not be caused by hardware but software such as updates, drivers and running programs.

First we can try a Clean Boot. Please refer the steps for Windows Vista.

If issue will not occur in Clean Boot situation, please contniue perform the narrow down steps to find out the root cause.

If issue still exists, we can try a Restore (or reinstall the system again), disable Automatic Update for several days to see if it is the cause. If issue does not reoccur, install updates one at a time to see if there is a specific update causes the issue. If issue still reoccur, we can focus on the programs we just installed after restore or reinstall.

Also please remember do a restart when installing important programs such as security programs to see if they are the cause.
    Monday, September 14, 2009 6:35 AM
  • Hi constantin2009,

I've read reports of others using Kaspersky with Win7, experiencing performance issues.  You might try uninstalling it (download an alternative AV product first if you must, or if you can simply remain disconnected from any network while you test...) and seeing if there is an improvement...
    Monday, September 14, 2009 9:24 AM
  • I make what you say and the computer run slowly again. I can't disable Kasperky AV at boot. May be this is the problem?!
    Next step is reinstalling w7 with your indications.
    Tks for help, If I can't do anything with this ...what is the next SO ? :)
    Sorry for my english.
    Monday, September 14, 2009 9:42 AM
  • Hi,

We can try to uninstall Kaspersky before reintsall system to test on the performance issue.  Let's first confirm if it is caused by running third party programs (including security programs) before reinstall system.
    Monday, September 14, 2009 9:56 AM
  • I disable Kaspersky AV and I disconnect the network, but computer run slowly.
    This programs run very slow: ACDsee Pro 2.5, winamp, utorrents (ex: when I click to close ACDsee windows, past aprox 10 seconds until close effective.)
    Program hwo run only slow Office, Nero, etc
    Tks to try help me.
    Monday, September 14, 2009 9:56 AM
  • I'd suggest uninstalling the AV software, rather than just e.g. disabling real-time scanning or the like (since the AV drivers likely remain loaded at all times, unless the software is actually uninstalled).
    Monday, September 14, 2009 10:26 AM
  • Great, its work, Kaspesky... make my computer slow. Tks all!
    Monday, September 14, 2009 1:22 PM
  • Good to hear you were able to improve the performance of your computer, constantin2009. :-)
    Monday, September 14, 2009 4:31 PM
  • On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 06:21:58 +0000, Keron Chew wrote:

Slow problem is a common event for Windows user. Microsoft claimed that:"No matter how fast or shiny computers might be when they're new, they all seem to get slower over time."

You post this same misleading reply to many different messages. See
    the reply I've already made, and just repeated for you.

Ken Blake
    Tuesday, July 27, 2010 12:53 AM