none
Windows Vista freezes at login screen

Question

• I have a TOshiba Satalitte with Windows Vista loaded onto it.  The laptop itself is about 3 yrs old.  Anyways I turned it on this moring and it will boot to my login screen and I click on my profile and it just sits there.  Ive try rebooting in safe mode to try and fix the problem, but once again in safe mode login screen and I click on my profile and it sits there again.  

I hope some one can help.  What Im trying to do is restore the laptops original factory settings, so I can give it to nephew as gift

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 9:22 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Do you have any other user profile to select?

If not, please try enable the build-in Administrator to restore the system. Please refer to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555910.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, August 30, 2011 9:57 AM

All replies

• The laptop should have come with an OS restore disk.  Try inserting that and following the prompts to restore the laptop to factory settings.
    If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer".

Rich Prescott | MCITP, MCTS, MCP

Blog | Twitter: @Arposh | Powershell Client System Administration tool
    Wednesday, August 24, 2011 10:30 PM
  • Hi,

Do you have any other user profile to select?

If not, please try enable the build-in Administrator to restore the system. Please refer to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555910.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, August 30, 2011 9:57 AM