none
SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio

General discussion

• On my Fujitsu-Siemens V2065 laptop the integrated soundcard is erroneously detected as Microsoft Digital HD audio with no sound playing.
    The soundcard on the laptop is SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio.
    Forced Win7 to use the XP drivers instead. Some static clicks are audible when playing music.
    Are there better drives to use instead?
    Tuesday, February 03, 2009 8:43 AM

All replies

• Yes, use the driver for Vista.
    Tuesday, February 03, 2009 12:36 PM
  • I had the same problem on the same laptop. I installed a driver from "AnalogDevices", version 6.10.6030 (11/10/2006) and everything is fine. I haven't noticed any clicks at all.

Have you tested your microphone? It seems impossible to get it working. I have tested two different microphones on two identical Fujitsu-Siemens V2065 laptops and I get nothing! Any ideas?

Wednesday, February 04, 2009 6:40 PM
  • Hello,

I'd suggest installing the previous device drivers in the Compatibility Wizard. Remove that hardware device in Device Manager, right-click on the driver executable/installer file and select the Compatibility tab; click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows Vista in the list-down box; then try installing the device driver. In addition, you can use the Windows XP driver for testing.

If the problem still persists, please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system (only the beta version) and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; some old driver is not compatible with new OS. I suggest that you should wait for another period of time till the retail version is released and push the vendor company to upgrade their device driver. Thanks for your time and understanding!

Good Luck!

Thursday, February 05, 2009 11:00 AM
  • i had use a freewaretool to check what kind of hardware it is exactly. this tool give you a link also for download the driver. it was very helpfull for me.

freewaretool "everesthome220" google and find it :)

good luck :)

Andy
    Thursday, February 05, 2009 11:20 AM
  • Had the exact same issue with my IBM Thinkpad z60m.  The "Digital HD Audio" driver loaded properly, but the "internal speaker" was disabled and the "S/PDIF Digital output" was the enabled sound device.  Finding the original SoundMax XP drivers (Vista drivers were "integrated with the OS" and not available) was the key.  Mine were here:  http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-61506.html .  Updating the Sound device to this driver with a reboot solved the issue.
    Tuesday, May 12, 2009 4:00 AM
  • Had the same issue on my ThinkPad z60m.  I also reverted back to the WinXP driver found at the IBM site referenced above.  An interesting thing happened.  After changing the driver and restarting, I got an error on starting: "No ADI codec driver is installed."  Upon clearing this error msg rebooting continued.  At first the speaker icon in the tray had a red X, but that quickly disappeard and upon testing sound was now coming out of internal speakers when trying a YouTube.  After rebooting a second time, there was no error msg, but the red X was on the speaker icon and the pop-up says "Audio Service is not running."  However the sound is working from the internal speakers.  It is pretty clear the WinXP driver is not quite right, but better than what Win7RC installed.  Win7RC is having trouble identifying the SoundMax chips in this ThinkPad.
    Thursday, May 28, 2009 4:06 PM
  • I have an HP nc6320 that has a SoundMax chipset as well, and the W7 drivers work fine, mostly. Except for now that I'm getting a horrible lag running Winamp (10-15 sec for Winamp to play when hitting play or un-pausing), and W7 is automatically muting the system when I pause Winamp.
    Thursday, May 28, 2009 4:24 PM