none
Sound problems that need fixing as soon as possible

Question

• Hello, I have had a slight problem with my computer's sound. About half a year ago my computer's sound completely died. I installed Windows Vista nearly a year ago. I usually had the sound muted but now that i need the sound, it decides to ''have a break'' and die out. I have tried everything such as Device Manager and System Run etc. When i go onto device Manager and click on Sound, Controllers and Games i always see ASD Instant but it has a little yellow triangle with a black exclamation mark on it. I understand that im probably ,making this very boring but i am desperate for an answer, people who have had experience with this type of ''trouble'' will understand.  But absolutely nothing seems to work on this computer. On the icon of a speaker, is a White Cross in the middle of a  Red Circle.

If i moved my mouse over the Icon the words No Audio Output Device is Installed appears in the right hand corner. Also, when i click the icon, instead of a sound scale nothing is there. I have also tried going to sound, right clicking and click on Show disabled/disconnected devices but it does not work. I need my sound back A.S.A.P

Here are my Computer Details:

Model - Satelite Pro L300

OS Version - Microsoft (R) Windows Vista (TM) Buisness 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 

Sound - None

Network - Realtek RTL8102E Family ( there are more to this line but i prefer to just give you a little bit of information.

Saturday, February 18, 2012 5:06 AM

Answers

•  

Did you download and install the audio driver?

If not, please go to the manufacturer’s site to install it.

Please make sure that all the updates are installed, the chipset and BIOS are updated.

Reference: No sound in Windows

You may also check if the connection of your audio card properly. Also, is there any audio output device connect?

Sabrina

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Thursday, March 01, 2012 2:41 AM
    Monday, February 20, 2012 6:37 AM