none
Win 7 Factory Reset Not Working [URGENT]

Question

• To do a little "Spring Cleaning" so to speak. I decided to restore my computer to Factory Defaults as I need to get rid of ALL programs on it. I did so and it appeared to get stuck on 60% during the reset. It was well over an hour until I finally got frustrated enough to restart my computer. When it attempted to boot again, it gave me the error that Windows failed to boot due to missing or corrupt NLS data. I tried a repair disk and the System restore again stays stuck at 60% when I can get it working, however mostly, it stays stuck at 0%.

What's going on with this, and how do I fix this?

Don't ask me to insert an installation disk, because the machine came with Windows 7 and did not receive one.

Is there a method to get this to work, or not? I apologize if I seem frustrated or flustered, however I'm at wits end with this computer and am about to throw it against the bloody wall.

Thank You.

EDIT: I've restarted it several times and have been at it for 4 hours now. There is no progress being made, so the Repair Disk I burned does not work, period. If I don't boot from the CD, it says "BOOTMGR is missing; Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart"

What is that supposed to mean? I know my way around computers, but I'm no IT professional.

Monday, January 16, 2012 9:35 PM

Answers

• The restore partition is custom made by the computer manufacturer, for the best answer contact them regarding issues with it. You can also request an install disk from them to reinstall Windows.

Order install disks - if you don't have the install disks and your restore partition doesn't work:

Contact the OEM computer manufacturer and ask them to send you an install disk for your computer - they may charge a small fee. Contact information for the manufacturer of your computer can be found here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/gp/oemphone/

Monday, January 16, 2012 10:30 PM