none
Can't connect to printer Operation failed with error 0x000003eb

Question

• I am trying to install a network printer.  The print server is server 2008 with sp2.  The printer is a Xerox Phaser 8560DN-PS.  Every time I try to install the printer I get the following error: Windows cannot connect to the printer.  When I click more details it says: Operation failed with the error 0x000003eb.  I know I have a good print driver, because if I install the printer using the IP address if installs and can print just fine.  This isn't an option in a network, I have to be able to use the print server.  The driver is the most recent version from the Xerox web site.
    Tuesday, June 21, 2011 2:16 PM

All replies

• I finally got the printer to install.  I use print management , RSAT version, and tried to view the properties of the printer.  If said I didn't have the driver installed and asked if I wanted to install the driver.  After saying Yes, it installed the driver, then I was able to install the printer from the devices and printer window.

I still am not able to print either a test page or any other pages to this print from my computer.  My computer is a Win 7 Pro 64-bit computer.  The server is a 32bit Server 2008 computer.  I can print a test page from the server, I use a remote desktop connection to control the server.

When I try to print a test page this is the window I get.   Running the troubleshooter is a colossal waste of time.  The only error I ever get is that the printer isn't the default printer.  What does being the default printer have to due with not being able to print, especially a test page.  If a printer had to be the default printer in order to print, then why does Microsoft allow you to install more than 1 print to a computer.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 2:57 PM
  • Hi, You just need to change the printer driver to Xerox Universal Printing PCL5 drivers instead of the exact printer driver. It is the printer resolution that doesn't support on some pcs.

Thankyou,

nitin...

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 6:13 AM