none
Activation issue

Question

• I downloaded Windows 7 Pro on 8/17/09 through MSDNAA Software Center. Had problems installing it and after the third try it worked. When I tried to activate it I got the error code: 0xC004C008.

I have tried the online method, the automated phone method and the last and most annoying method, Contacting Microsoft. When doing the last method I was informed that there wasn't anything she could do, that they can't take CSR calls on the product. This is where she referred me. I hope there is something that can be done. I need this for school in the up coming term, 10/14/2009.
    Saturday, October 03, 2009 3:02 AM

Answers

• I downloaded Windows 7 Pro on 8/17/09 through MSDNAA Software Center. Had problems installing it and after the third try it worked. When I tried to activate it I got the error code: 0xC004C008.

I have tried the online method, the automated phone method and the last and most annoying method, Contacting Microsoft. When doing the last method I was informed that there wasn't anything she could do, that they can't take CSR calls on the product. This is where she referred me. I hope there is something that can be done. I need this for school in the up coming term, 10/14/2009.

Hi meyersgold

Here are some more resources that may help.

For questions pertaining to your MSDNAA subscription,
    Contact your Schools Program Administrator with your questions. If you don't know who your MSDNAA Program Administrator is, use the School Search to look up the school department that administers your schools program.

MSDN Academic Alliance (MSDNAA) Support, Troubleshooting Resources, and Program FAQs

What if the school does not have an answer to my question?

Contact the MSDNAA Customer Service department at EMAIL REMOVED.

Hope this helps.

Thank You for using Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Saturday, October 03, 2009 7:45 AM

All replies

• hi

The error 0xC004C008 means that the KMS key has exceeded the activation limit. KMS keys will activate up to 10 times on six different computers.

You may have to call PA Call Center to activate the system.

Microsoft Activation Centers Worldwide Telephone Numbers
    http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/resources/vol/numbers.mspx

Hope it helps
    Nikhil
    Saturday, October 03, 2009 4:31 AM
  • meyersgold has mentioned already speaking with the activation centre, and getting instructed to come here to find a resolution.

MSDNAA covers a lot of territory.  Some software provided via the scheme is provided under volume licensing arrangements.  Some (Student options arrangement) is actually cheap retail licenses provided to students.

This effort sounds like a volume licensing arrangement.  If a KMS key has exceeded allowable activations it won't be the student (or faculty member) who needs to contact the PA centre.  It'll be the responsible person at the supervising educational establishment who needs to do so.  I'd suggest meyersgold contacts the IT department  at the relevent educational establishment.
    Saturday, October 03, 2009 4:39 AM

Hi meyersgold

Here are some more resources that may help.

For questions pertaining to your MSDNAA subscription,
    Contact your Schools Program Administrator with your questions. If you don't know who your MSDNAA Program Administrator is, use the School Search to look up the school department that administers your schools program.

MSDN Academic Alliance (MSDNAA) Support, Troubleshooting Resources, and Program FAQs

What if the school does not have an answer to my question?

Contact the MSDNAA Customer Service department at EMAIL REMOVED.

Hope this helps.

Thank You for using Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Saturday, October 03, 2009 7:45 AM