none
why not the system install the driver WDM if this is WQLH & signature certificated by MICROSOFT on ATI radeon card

Question

• until today OS ran very good with one most significant issue THE driver (WDMW) needed for aero aplication never is installed for the system. Aero evaluation reports : the present video card support Aero with the apropiate driver ,without don't work , I understand that, in this moment the driver instaled is ati for xp compatibility sp3 but not the catalyst aplication,Never acept drivers ati for vista wherever compatiblity mode(of course for ati radeon suite recomended)inclusive the driver for win7(same for radeon) all drivers with WDMW and WQLH and certificates previous installed by microsoft. I lost one time the system personaly I can't recover don't exactly crash my option reinstall again .Now I so confuse what step I do wrong(same troubles with my xp in the begining, but I solv)My evaluation system perfomance is 1(defined exactly for the poor ati card perfomance).Now, my pc is intel pentium 4  1.8ghz 640mb of ram ddrm whit two analog monitors, sound card compatible, HHD 40 gb ata and the villane in this act ATI Radeon 9000 pro with capability or suport for windows media center in fact I used today with my TV 36" panasononic for see somes DVD great! Cool! and I try windows 7 RC ultimate . Someone had one or more goods advice's for solv this problem with driver video card or meaby don't have solutions untill client release?
    nothing is enough.> How all of you see I stay for low,low base of requirements for this OS, but who know? Meaby this is one the most  important solution by microsoft for all electronic pollution caused by unfinished race of upgrade consumer for latest dispositives and new pc. I wrong? Untill today I can used the latest technology by Microsoft with "cuasi-trash equipe, in fact some parts I taked of the" trash contenetor" nothing is enough.
    Friday, May 15, 2009 8:26 PM

Answers

• IN that case what is the reason the AERO perfomance and solution problems asistent report (Capitals): THe present device can suport aero efects ask for your fabricant card for a driver WDWM update. I inderstand your energetic afirmation no now ,no never. period. No more suport for this card too I understand. So , you understand why the asistent give that messagge whit the posible update (of course is a if existing a disponibilty) this is the piont a reason for a postage only a minor bug? or only one case no relevant?if the system meseaure ,qualificative this item how posible update is because that is posible not for sentence no now ,no never. Meaby never recibe a driver with that update because nobody interest in developed OR in conclusion the system again are wrong & throw now and return to my XP pacefully.NOTHING IS ENOUGH. I have many expectatives whit win7 and old hardware. What are the limit, radeon 9550 untill today? Se que alguien puede ayudar.
    nothing is enough

Well, ATI never released WDDM 1.0 drivers for Radeon 9000 (Vista), I have no expectation of WDDM drivers now, whether WDDM 1.0 or WDDM 1.1. Aero will work as far as I know, with WDDM 1.0 or WDDM 1.1 drivers, but not Windows XP drivers. You may use Windows XP drivers, perhaps most graphics will work, perhaps games, video with Windows XP driver (I hope well), but not AERO. Perhaps Microsoft should change assistant to say, "please request WDDM driver update from manufacturer"  and "This device may support Aero".  I think that may be more accurate.
    • Marked as answer by Nick FV Saturday, June 13, 2009 1:53 AM
    Friday, May 15, 2009 9:59 PM

All replies

• Although ATI has drivers that are WHQL, Those drivers do not support Radeon 9000 pro, Radeon 9000 pro will not support WDDM driver, requirement Radeon 9550 or newer. Not now, not when client release. There may be XDDM drivers that work, but will not run Aero
    Friday, May 15, 2009 9:00 PM
  • IN that case what is the reason the AERO perfomance and solution problems asistent report (Capitals): THe present device can suport aero efects ask for your fabricant card for a driver WDWM update. I inderstand your energetic afirmation no now ,no never. period. No more suport for this card too I understand. So , you understand why the asistent give that messagge whit the posible update (of course is a if existing a disponibilty) this is the piont a reason for a postage only a minor bug? or only one case no relevant?if the system meseaure ,qualificative this item how posible update is because that is posible not for sentence no now ,no never. Meaby never recibe a driver with that update because nobody interest in developed OR in conclusion the system again are wrong & throw now and return to my XP pacefully.NOTHING IS ENOUGH. I have many expectatives whit win7 and old hardware. What are the limit, radeon 9550 untill today? Se que alguien puede ayudar.
    nothing is enough
    Friday, May 15, 2009 9:35 PM
    nothing is enough

Well, ATI never released WDDM 1.0 drivers for Radeon 9000 (Vista), I have no expectation of WDDM drivers now, whether WDDM 1.0 or WDDM 1.1. Aero will work as far as I know, with WDDM 1.0 or WDDM 1.1 drivers, but not Windows XP drivers. You may use Windows XP drivers, perhaps most graphics will work, perhaps games, video with Windows XP driver (I hope well), but not AERO. Perhaps Microsoft should change assistant to say, "please request WDDM driver update from manufacturer"  and "This device may support Aero".  I think that may be more accurate.
    • Marked as answer by Nick FV Saturday, June 13, 2009 1:53 AM
    Friday, May 15, 2009 9:59 PM