none
Autorun.dll problem

Question

• I'm trying to install Vista, but I seem to be getting a problem. When I first tried installing I kept getting "The file 'autorun.dll' could not be loaded or is corrupt. Setup cannot contineu. Error code is [0x3E7]." Then I went and tried again later. The instillation window came up. And I got all the way to where it told me to uninstall Norton Antivirus to keep going. I did so and then it started doing this. "The application or DLL E:\Sources\SPWIZENG.DLL is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette." Then this again "The file 'autorun.dll' could not be loaded or is corrupt. Setup cannot contineu. Error code is [0x3E7]." Now as I'm speaking it says this (same thing) "The application or DLL E:\Sources\SPWIZENG.DLL is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette." But now this comes after "The file 'autorun.dll' could not be loaded or is corrupt. Setup cannot contineu. Error code is [0xC1]." Note that the error code has changed. So I am asking if anyone knows what I can do without redownloading anything or give me a link to the autorun.dll file that I may download.
    Saturday, March 10, 2007 3:13 PM

All replies

• Did you buy it from a store or download it?

If you downloaded it, I would suggest you download it again. Most likely a corrupted ISO image.

If you bought it, return it to wherever you bought it from.
    Wednesday, March 14, 2007 6:48 AM
  • I downloaded Server 2008 .iso image to my computer from Microsoft website and burned it to a disk when I tried to install it I received the same error.

Try downloading and installing Daemon Lite Tools (this is a freeware)

After installation open Daemon Lite

Attach .iso file

Open My Computer and double click the BD-Rom drive created from Daemon Lite Tools

and installation should be fine after that.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Julia Woodrow

• Edited by JuliaWoodrow Thursday, March 29, 2012 7:02 PM
    • Proposed as answer by JuliaWoodrow Thursday, March 29, 2012 7:07 PM
    Thursday, March 29, 2012 6:54 PM