none
Disable or turn off Shared System Memory

Question

• Hi!
    I have a question. I'd like to turn off the Shared System memory, because, I haven't got enough memory to run games and programs.
    I have:
    Windows 7
    2*1GB DualDDR 400 memory
    ATI X1600 256MB PCI-E
    The shared memory use 768MB+ My OS use 700MB, and I have only 5-600MB free memory. And it isn't enough for example Colin 2005 or newer games...
    Please Help!
    Thanks!
    Robert from Hungary
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 2:53 PM

Answers

• We are not able to change it with Windows system programs. Generally it is needed to be changed via BIOS. Some manufacturers release programs for BIOS settings so we can change it in system, but finally it change the BIOS setting to make it work.

I suggest you access the following website.

Medion USA

You may try to download the latest BIOS for your computer. If the option is still not present, I suggest you contact the manufacturer’s support for more information.

Important Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Arthur Xie - MSFT
    Monday, November 23, 2009 5:16 AM

All replies

• You need to change it in BIOS. For example:

DP43TF Video and Shared System Memory ...

Important Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Arthur Xie - MSFT
    Thursday, November 19, 2009 9:55 AM
  • Thanks for the answer, but in the BIOS menu there is no setting to change. (for example I had an older computer with AGP port and ther was a setting: "AGP apperture size", but in this machine is a PCI-E port and I can't do anything.) It is a "Medion" computer based on MSI architecture.
    Thursday, November 19, 2009 11:39 PM
  • We are not able to change it with Windows system programs. Generally it is needed to be changed via BIOS. Some manufacturers release programs for BIOS settings so we can change it in system, but finally it change the BIOS setting to make it work.

I suggest you access the following website.

Medion USA

You may try to download the latest BIOS for your computer. If the option is still not present, I suggest you contact the manufacturer’s support for more information.

Arthur Xie - MSFT
    Monday, November 23, 2009 5:16 AM
  • I have an MSI mobo that says "You can go to the BIOS>advanced chipset feature->AGP P2P Bridge Control->VGA share memory size to adjust 64MB as 256MB"... works in mine.
    Saturday, June 04, 2011 12:50 AM