none
windows 7 update then serious problem. No internet access and yellow exclamation mark!

Question

• As I've seen tons of people with this SAME crappy issue, I'm in it too. Here's a long story short: 4 days ago stupid windows says UPDATES AVAILABLE! You need to install them and you're computer will run faster. Stupid, stupid me! I installed and immediately had crazy issues. Ended up restoring computer... FAIL! Had to go through 6 hours of hell to fix that, fixed it. Well, now I get this random yellow exclamation mark I've never seen before and so does our other PC. Then there's suddenly no internet access whatsoever. I'm very bad with this type of thing, but I'll give as many details as possible and if anyone can help me, I'll seriously be forever in debt! I would do ANYTHING to fix this. It's been 4 straight days, only a little sleep and got the word that my college which I was graduating in 3 months, will be withdrawn due to no internet therfore no work done! So, I have windows 7 an HP PC and the other PC in the house is a toshiba. If any extra deets are needed I'll do my best, but I'm so desperate! I've got to fix this before I fail. I have restarted router which is a VERY good TEW-something? Trendnet router, practically brand new. White hughes net box. (Hughes net service.) We've always had a booming connection never any problems until this. I really should add though, the kids insist on sneaking around and connecting their stupid I-pods through my connection and seriously it's weird because every single time they connect, we get that yellow exclamation 'no internet access' and we won't be able to access for about a day! Could it be those stupid I-pods? Sorry for the language I'm upset and hurrying through this since I've no clue how long my connection will last. I've went through tons of setting changed things, etc. I don't know what else to do, but I'm extremely fed up with windows! I'll get rid of it as soon as possible. We did finally connect a Sam Knows White Box router by Net Gear and tried installing and it went well, connected once then said my settings wont allow it? Guys, I've worked my rear off with this thing as did my fiance. We're at a breaking point. Any ideas? Can windows seriously not fix thiS? Also I'lll get this message when trying to connect to via trend net 'Limited access' Never seen it and it only pops up once.
    Monday, July 04, 2011 9:34 AM

All replies

• By the way, I thought I might need to add that I was able to connect by hooking the ethernet up to computer and modem, but suddenly that was gone too! I had no idea windows was such an awful disease until this happened and I got to reading other's SAME problems.
    Monday, July 04, 2011 9:35 AM
  • Have you reinstalled the network adapter driver? Please download Windows 7 compatible driver from HP website and install it.

HP Support & Drivers  United States
    http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-drivers.html

Important Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information. 

If it does not help, I suggest you remove your antivirus and reinstall it.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, July 06, 2011 5:15 AM
  • Iv just had this happen to me. I set my computr back by like two days and i left it alone for a lil while and it installed and restarted it self and i had the same problem, Iv restored my computer back a mounth. I havnt fixed it yet but I think as long as i dont install these updates i should be fine.
    Friday, July 15, 2011 9:12 AM
  • also i dont know what update it is or what casues it

Friday, July 15, 2011 9:12 AM
  • man i just finshed reading the rest, i wish i could have sen this beofr you went out ang got a new router, its not your router or your wireles connctor. iv hooked my computer up to my neibors connections and it didnt work either. it has nothing to do with your router, 100% your computer. same thing happened to mine.

Friday, July 15, 2011 9:15 AM
  • also when i did the update after words my cpu was at 100% i couldnt get my computer to hardly move. you can check your cpu by hitting ctrl+alt+delete task manager and tab to proformance

Friday, July 15, 2011 9:21 AM
  • I have win7 + Isa 2006 “no internet access”  I added a default gateway to the tcp/ip no more annoying yellow warring “no internet access”
    Sunday, August 28, 2011 5:54 AM