none
C Drive was saved as VHD, now cannot attach after restore

Question

• Got a virus.  Friend came over and created an image of C.  We copied that image over to an EHD.  Then, he left and guided me over the phone.  Told me to restore the computer to original settings, etc.  Now, I have a "new" computer again, but the computer did save the partition that was the image we saved.  I have the image located on the computer itself and the External Hard Drive.  He told me to "attach" the vhd and point the the vhd file with the highest amount of GB.  I did that, but I cannot access the files.  Is there any good info you can point me to that gives step by step instructions on how to mount the image and view the files. I've seen a few posts, but they are vague.
    Monday, December 19, 2011 2:33 PM

Answers

• This forum is titled Windows Virtual PC and XP Mode.  So you have selected the wrong forum to post in.

In Windows 7 .VHD files are mounted using Disk Management under Computer Management.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, December 19, 2011 2:58 PM

All replies

• I need to add that I had upgraded win 7 to ultimate a few years ago.  My current win 7 is home edition due to restore, but everything on the image is based upon win 7 upgrade.
    Monday, December 19, 2011 2:36 PM
  • This forum is titled Windows Virtual PC and XP Mode.  So you have selected the wrong forum to post in.

In Windows 7 .VHD files are mounted using Disk Management under Computer Management.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, December 19, 2011 2:58 PM